family

family

Thursday, December 20, 2012

lola's interview

In some ways....I cannot believe that Lola is six.  On the other hand...it feels like she has been six for a long time! She looks old for her age and she acts older than she is....so sometimes I really need to double check myself when I tell someone how old she is.  In our house, we pretty much treat Keaton & Lola like they are the same age!

Lola is our only girl (as Jason brings up all of the time as his excuse for why he brings her a snack at bedtime and snuggles her extra long.)  In fact, last night as I was laying in bed with her....she was telling me how daddy said he would read her a book in bed. (After we already read books on the couch...) I made the comment "you just have your daddy wrapped around your little finger" so then Lola said that she should write 'daddy' around her finger. I said that maybe she should just tattoo it.

She brings up the fact that she is the only girl quite often...because she really thinks that being the only girl kid in our family is getting the raw end of the deal. :) She says "oh brothers!" quite often.  She loves her brothers a lot...but likes to be dramatic about not having any sisters.

Dramatic is an excellent word to describe Lola.  She is extremely dramatic about everything...from what she eats...to what she wears...and especially when she gets hurt.  When Lola gets hurt (feelings or physically) she is extremely hard to calm down.  Her kindergarten teacher said at conferences that the first time Lola got hurt at recess, she was sure that she had broken a bone or something extremely serious.  When she was finally able to get close enough to Lola (without her flipping out) she realized that it was nothing more than a bump.... and this has happened MULTIPLE times since then.  Lola tends to get injured a lot. She is also dramatic when she gets excited about things...and seems to enjoy life an extra amount!

She gets injured a lot because she cannot help but climb on and jump on things she isn't supposed to....such as furniture...retaining walls...and so on. Keaton is in his 3rd year of school...and the nurse has never had to call me about an injury.  She has already called me 3 times for Lola for recess injuries.... She is very athletic and very daring!

Lola is an extremely good big sister.  She is caring and nurturing towards both Nash and Cruz...and is very good at playing with them and watching out for them.  She is also a very good little sister to Keaton.  They usually play together extremely well...and she really looks up to Keaton.  She does, however, sometimes embarrass him at lunch when she hugs him when she walks by him at lunch.  (We have had to talk to her about this....)

Lola is already a very good reader (self & keaton taught) and loves to read books....she will even very slowly read chapter books, sometimes.  However, her attention span is still too short to actually stick with a chapter book...she does love to read.  She loves writing even more.  Lola is always doing crafts...and writing notes and letters to us or her friends.  She is very creative and enjoys doing any sort of art project! 

Lola is also very athletic! She loves to be "sporty" and enjoys running and doing anything that requires physical activity.  In fact, yesterday she told me that her talents are running and growing...because she is the fastest one in her class AND the tallest one in her class....


and now for an interview with the birthday girl:

1. My favorite food is....salmon & white rice.


2. My favorite sport is....basketball.


3. My favorite color is....purple.


4. My favorite thing to do outside is....play with squirt guns.


5. My favorite song is...Rocky Mountain High.


6. When I grow up I want to be...a rockstar.


7. The coolest person on earth is...me.


8. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go...to Disney World.


9. My favorite treat is...popsicles.


10. A food I really don't like is... asparagus & brussels sprouts.


11. My best friends are...Rachel, Lily, Colton, Tate, Grandmas & Grandpas, Isabella, Blake, Kylee, Alicia, Kayla, Olivia, Mia, Amyra, Harley, Hayley, Max, Keaton, Nash, and Cruz .


12. Three words to describe me are...cool, running, swimming.


13. My favorite book is.....Lola the Lollipop Fairy.


14. Before I fall asleep I think about...school.


15. I love to learn about...Math.


16. My favorite thing to do with Keaton is....play baseball.


17. My favorite thing to do with Nash is...color.


18. My favorite thing to do with Cruz is...play baby toys.


19. Something that makes me happy is....when Nash smiles.


20. The best thing about being six years old is...blowing out my candles.


And finally...some pictures to reminisce....as always, I am emotional about my kids growing up faster than iIam ready for....but it is also so awesome to see the little people my kids are turning into. (sniff sniff)  Lola is really turning into a beautiful young lady right before our eyes...but whatever you do, don't tell her that she is beautiful OR pretty.... Lola only wants to look sporty.

age zero:


first birthday:


2nd birthday:


3rd birthday: 


4th birthday:


5th birthday:
 

and finally...6th birthday!

Happy birthday Lola! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment