family

family

Friday, May 11, 2012

whobody is potty trained?

Well...Nash is now a BIG BOY!!!

Over the last few weeks, Nash has been showing me the 'signs' he is ready to be out of diapers.  AND, I decided I am ready to be done changing stinky diapers on such a BIG KID.  Baby diapers, I don't mind at all...but when Nash is talking to me in sentences while I am changing his diaper...something seems a little off. :)

SO..Tuesday, we started.  I call it the Bare Butt Method (okay, I really don't call it anything, I just made that up...and I am sure there really is a name for it...but I don't know it....all I know is that it worked for ALL 3 of my kiddos who are now potty trained.....)

Back to Tuesday...when he woke up in the morning he asked for gum. (What's that? What do you mean it isn't normal for a 2 year old to do that? At least he wasn't asking for coffee....) I made a spur of the moment decision right then and there to try it.  So I replied "oh Nash, gum is for big boys...you can only have gum if you aren't wearing a diaper".... so he took his diaper off and I went and got him some gum.

He spent Tuesday morning like this....

 That is right...no pants at all...He did GREAT! I could tell in his diaper that he knew he was peeing (and, yes, pooping)....so I left his pants off so there was no mistaking it. He knew that there was nothing to catch it...so he better either get to the potty...or the GRASS (gotta love farmboys...).
 We made it through Tuesday with very few accidents....and Nash was SUPER proud.   (and SUPER full of M&M's.... one per time).  He did everything with no pants....which, by the way, I think is SUPER cute too....
By Wednesday, he had it all mastered, but we still did no pants in the morning... he must have thought it was chilly though because he went and got his snowboots on to play outside!!!
Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday he successfully wore pants AND stayed dry! So, today, for the first day...my little boy is wearing
BIG BOY UNDERWEAR
dinosaur ones
(in case you were wondering)
I can't tell you how proud I am....
he is pretty proud too.

There is really nothing cuter than big boy underwear on a little boy....not sure why. I think that is just the proud mother in me.  Funny how parenthood really does change everything!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment