family

family

Sunday, December 2, 2012

whobody hunted for Christmas trees?

The weekend after Thanksgiving we took our annual trip to Asbury...and picked out, cut down, and hauled home our Christmas tree(s)!
 
Lots of pictures to follow...not a lot of description...cause this momma needs to sleep! (and it is buggin me that I haven't gotten all of these posts done....)
 
Here is the hayride out to the trees....Lola LOVES to pose for the camera...
 
 
 
 
We actually walked around quite a bit looking this year...we usually don't have this tough of a time, but it seems the warm dry summer was hard on these little guys...but eventually we found the perfect ONE for our new family room in the basement. (You may or may not know this about me...well, you probably do :) I tend to be a bit particular....aka picky).  The kids had a blast running around the trees hiding from us!
 
 
Here are the kids with our tree (yes...we picked out a 9 foot tree....and we have an 8 foot ceiling...it was just SO pretty, we just had the guys cut a couple of feet off before they wrapped it...)
 
 
Did I mention Nash found this pumpkin? He was extremely proud!
 
 
 As the kids were standing there by the tree...I turned around and saw a perfect smaller (skinnier) tree for our upstairs.... I should mention, we did not plan to get a tree for the upstairs in the same day. We were going to wait until after our Disney trip to tackle that project...but I just saw this tree...pointed at it...said lets get that one for upstairs...and Jason cut it down. Obviously, Lola was a bit surprised. I felt like we were crazy for taking 2 trees home...but it worked out perfectly...and they both look great!
 
 
 
They let the kids help "pull" the tree through the wrapping tube...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, of course, the infamous goat....they talk about this guy every year!
Well...my apologies for no funnies or involved stories!! :)  I need to get to bed!  We did have a great time...(and yes, once again, Cruz stayed at home...he had a lot more fun with Alicia than he would have with us....). 
 
 
I love getting a real tree...and I love having family traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment