family

family

Monday, April 16, 2012

whobody is getting SO big?

So...Cruz is 4 1/2 months old...and is SO big. It was just a little over a year ago that we found out we were pregnant...and now, look at him!  Amazing... amazing...amazing.   I look at this and am completely in awe of the fact that God created us SO perfectly...and so in awe of a person growing INSIDE of a person. Crazy stuff.

Cruz has been such a joyful addition to our family. 

He is such a happy and tolerant baby. 

He can still sleep 'almost' anywhere...and through lots of noise

He smiles all the time...especially at Daddy

I have only heard one 'real' giggle...and that was today when Lola was playing peekaboo with him. 

He is OBVIOUSLY a good eater...he has mostly been getting bottles of breastmilk during the day...and we have our nursing marathon session at bedtime (my favorite time of the day). 

 He likes to be held...but doesn't really snuggle in except at bedtime. 

He likes to squeal...and then Nash copies him.
 
He still has his cough from his battle with Whooping Cough...but it is getting so much better...and whenever he is done with a coughing spell he gives a big grin. :)

He loves to "kick" on the turtle mat....and bounce himself in the bouncy seat. 

He is very 'portable' and pretty much goes everywhere with me...he likes his carseat a lot.

 
Can you believe that less than 5 months ago...this was Cruz? I can't. Crazy.

I mean, really, look at that little peanut....
this was back when he actually had a neck!


I CAN'T believe how much he has grown...and changed.  I especially can't believe how much personality he already has.  He is so reactive (I don't know if that makes sense to you...but it does to me)...he really pays attention to what is going on around him....and responds to it. (AND there is always a lot going on around him...)


Lola was doing a photo session with him...and this is a picture that she took of him AFTER he fell sideways onto the couch... (he was sitting upright with pillows...)  I just love how that didn't even phase him...he is just like "okay...I guess I'll lay like this!"

 He is not on a predictable schedule yet...which makes it hard for me to leave him with anyone else. (yikes...overprotective mom alert) He usually either sleeps through the night...or just gets up once at around 4. He is still sleeping in his little rock and play sleeper in our room next to my side of the bed...(overprotective mom alert again)...I just haven't had it in me yet to move him to his room. It is SOOOO far away from ours. (I have never been like that with any of the other kiddos...) We have been starting naps in the crib...and they are going fine. I am trying to move towards him being away from me more...it doesn't bother him at all...it is me that needs to work on it

I have been told (by jason) and I realize that I am really 'babying' him more than I did the other kids. :)  Let me tell you why...or at least why I think that is.... Whenever we have talked about how many kids we wanted to have...we have always said "at least 4."  Well Cruz is our "at least 4" and I am having a bit of a hard time with that. (I am just being honest.)  I don't know if we are 'done' or 'not done' but I sure don't want to end up being 'done' and feel like I rushed Cruz and myself through the baby stage.  (Yes...people...I know I am crazy for not being sure about being 'done' after 4...) AND for those of you who see me in public...and like to comment...you are right....my hands ARE full (but so is my heart!) :)


Come on....look at this guy....how could you NOT baby him?

By the way...he generally hates tummy time...but I caught him on a good day here:

Okay...had to do one diaper picture showing the 'muscles'.  NO I don't overfeed my baby...he is very happy and not fussy at all :) just well fed. (and hungry if I try to not feed him as much)  This is just how my babies grow...way. too. fast. AND yes...that is a size 4 diaper.  Ahem. Doesn't every one's baby's diaper size correspond with how many months old they are? Hopefully he isn't at size 12 when he turns one year (mostly because they really only go up to 6!)  And yes, in case you were wondering...we have totally surpassed all of the clothes sized below 12 months.... it just doesn't work.

This is his beloved bouncy seat (which I do not think is supposed to sit quite this close to parallel to the ground...hmmm could either be from Nash sitting in it...or Cruz being a bit heavy for it) He still LOVES it....




We love this little guy so much. :) 
I can't believe how blessed I am to be his Mom.
Lucky me.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVED reading this post lesa....and also seeing all the pictures. he sure has grown up fast, but he's so DARN CUTE! good thing he "goes with the flow" because i'm sure he gets lots of attention from his siblings. i think you and jason are awesome parents and should have "at least" one more :D

    ReplyDelete