family

family

Thursday, September 19, 2013

whobody is cinco de reimer?

So. I am officially 20 weeks pregnant with baby #5! 
We had our ultrasound yesterday and all is well.  
Another perfectly "boring" ultrasound...which is wonderful.  
I am amazed at how thoroughly they are able to check out the growing baby...and all of the wonderfully intricate things they can see. (For instance, the 4 chambers of the heart....crazy!) I think that with each baby the ultrasounds have gotten longer and more thorough...I swear Keaton's ultrasound only lasted a few minutes! Eight years changes a lot...and I guess I am 'almost' at the point of being labeled an "advanced age pregnancy". 

We did NOT find out the gender of "cinco de reimer"... but I was definitely tempted to.  I love to plan and be ready for things...but I also love a good surprise.  We did consider finding out, but in the end, we decided to just do this time what we did with all the others...wait and see.  As for right now I do not have a strong feeling either way. I think Jason is thinking it is another boy, but he hasn't decided for sure yet either.  Neither list of names sounds 'right' yet either... The baby was only measuring a few days ahead, so my due date is still February 6th. That really seems like it is a long ways away! (It also feels like I have been pregnant forever already too...at least the worst half is over :))  
I know that it will come soon enough...patience is a virtue. 

I feel incredibly, incredibly blessed to be expecting our fifth child. 
I am always amazed at how apparent God's hand is 
to me in the development of a baby.  
It is truly something I thank him for each and every day.  
Our children have been such a blessing, and I am constantly amazed to see their different personalities come out in all of life's situations. (Sometimes in good ways and sometimes...not so good.)  I am very much looking forward to meeting this upcoming little one and seeing how he or she fits into our family (and, really, seeing how he or she fits into the car...or around the table....yikes;)) 




The ultrasound tech had a very hard time getting a "good" picture of the baby. 
He or she kept on pulling her hands and legs up to their face. 
It was amazing to see how much the baby was moving and how little of it I could feel! 
Wow. The tech did say that the baby was approximately 11 oz. (wowzers). 
I did look back at Cruz's 4d ultrasound pic in whobody is not a horse...or an alien? and I guess this baby does look a LOT like Cruz in his ultrasound pic. *But, I realize that most ultrasounds look the same anyway. 

We are so happy that things are still 'so far, so good' in this pregnancy. 
I keep on hoping and praying that things will continue to go well for this growing baby!

2 comments:

  1. Three Hoeger kids say that looks like a boy :)
    (But Lily is hoping it's a girl)

    ReplyDelete