family

family

Monday, August 1, 2011

whobody is not a horse....or an alien?

Well...baby update. First of all...turns out I do NOT have a horse in my belly. (Jason has been telling Lola that maybe THAT is why my belly is getting so big.)  After seeing the pictures from the ultrasound, the kids are a little worried the baby is an alien....but we set them straight on that too. 

On Friday, we had our "20 week" ultrasound.  (I was actually 20 weeks and 4 days.)  The baby is measuring 20 weeks and 9 days....so 5 days ahead, but not enough ahead to move my due date.  The doctor says that everything looks great with the baby...so that is always a relief!  We did not find out the gender of the baby (we like the surprise on the birthday). So that was about it! They check lots of things that could be wrong...but found nothing. So as the doctor said (and always says) a boring ultrasound is a good ultrasound.  Enjoy the 'pictures' below.




We really are SUPER excited to meet this little one....but not until after harvest!  The actual due date is still December 12th....so I am just over halfway there.  The kids are very much looking forward to having another little one around.  For the record....at this point Lola thinks it is a girl, I think it is a girl....and Keaton and Jason think it is a boy.  (Jason's boy guess was intensified when he saw the face of the baby 2 pictures down....) We will just have to wait and see...


The picture below is the 4D picture...which is pretty amazing. I know EXACTLY who I think this baby looks like in the ultrasound pictures, but I will see if this picture strikes a familiar chord with any of you..... :)  Something pretty cool (or gross, depending on who you are) about the picture below is that you can see the umbilical chord laying over baby's shoulder! There were other pictures where the chord was more clear but the baby's face was not. Very awesome to have a sneak peek at our little one.... 


And, of course, I had to share this last picture.....when we saw the baby doing this, Jason said...oh look, the baby is going to take after Lola!!!

Of course, the baby looks like it is PICKING HIS/HER NOSE! :) Already a funny one.... The ultrasound was pretty much over after that, because then I couldn't stop laughing, so she couldn't really get any more clear pictures. 

1 comment: