family

family

Monday, August 8, 2011

whobody wishes the fair was EVERY day?

Keaton does.

And he has told me that numerous times last night and today. The fair is great!

He gets pizza 4 nights in a row. Ice Cream 4 nights in a row. Chocolate Milk 4 nights in a row. Sees animals 4 nights in a row.  Popcorn 4 nights in a row.  Ride rides 4 nights in a row.  See Friends 4 nights in a row.
AND 10:30 p.m. bedtime 4 nights in a row! 

No wonder Keaton loves the fair.

We actually all love the fair. We went all 4 nights and enjoyed every one! We enjoyed food, rides, animals, music, motocross, bullriding....and so much more!  I took SO many pictures, and tried to just include the best.... (there will be a whole other post with most of the animal pictures). 

We always started out the night with supper. Then, we would head down and watch them milk some cows......and then head into the barns for our animal tour!

a.n.i.m.a.l.s.
milking cows


bompa sheryl


group picture in pig barn.
 yes. Lola thought the pigs were stinky....but they were still her second favorite.


barn fun.


After the animals, we usually "sat" on the tractors....gotta love free, simple entertainment.

t.r.a.c.t.o.r.s.
 (Lola thought it was extremely important to make sure her tattoos
were showing in the pictures.)


 buckle up for safety (and for containment)


 "mom, take my picture"


"if I can just get this thing started, Mom wouldn't have to push me in my stroller..."



After the tractors...we would usually head to the "Midway"....to ride the rides... The kids loved loved loved this! I, however, would have probably been more comfortable if they would have just played in the parking lot. Yikes....I'm sure the rides weren't that junky when we were kids. ;)

r.i.d.e.s.
the train



 all 3 kids full of joy on the "spinney ride"


This is a funny one....I had the great idea that Jason climb up this blow up slide with Nash to let him go down it... I didn't know if Jason was going to forgive me.  It was not easy for him to climb up the "blow up ladder" trying to carry Nash and himself :) At least they cleaned up the slide before they brought it. GROSS! But the kids loved it.


 On the last night of the fair we let each kid play ONE game...and they both chose to shoot at SOLO cups with cork guns. They had a blast. Keaton earned a "big" prize and Lola earned a "medium" prize...but the nice Carnival guy let them both choose a "big" prize....and here they are....
Lola desperately wants to keep her penguin in the freezer so it will be more comfortable in our house. I did put my foot down on that one.....


After the rides, we went and got ice cream....visited with friends....then stopped for popcorn and went and watched the entertainment! We really had lots of fun! Hopefully next year we can release Nash from the jail that is his stroller a little more often....

f.o.o.d.  &  f.r.i.e.n.d.s.
 ice cream


keaton and his "bestie" lily


As long as NASH could be double fisting popcorn, he was happy as a clam!



I know the kids would love for this to be every night....but as much as I LOVE the fair, I am so glad it is only once a year! Yikes.... I know, I know, just wait until they get in 4H.

No comments:

Post a Comment