family

family

Sunday, December 2, 2012

whobody is such a big boy?

Cruz is ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I cannot believe it.
His birthday was actually earlier this week....and I have kept on meaning to sit down and get this done...but I just don't always have it high enough on the priority list. :)
 
As I said, I cannot believe this kiddo is ONE already. He is SUCH a good boy. For real. Most days it seems like he is the kid that needs the least attention (other than being needed to be lifted out of the crib and handed a warm sippy cup of milk...)
 
I mean look at the this face:
 Yes, I realize that he looks exactly like Keaton.
 
Just in case you don't remember...here is our first picture together....
and you can find the story of his birthday here. 
He was born a little after 11pm....and then after we snuggled for a while...they took him for his bath, and moved me to my room...and when they brought him in, here is how he looked. (sigh)  For real, when I saw this picture yesterday, and picked it to put in here, I cried.  He already had his mohawk!!! (The nurse, Rachel, had encouraged it...but it was already there!)
 
Here are all 4 kids together last year! Now Cruz looks almost as big as Nash.
 
 
 
Okay...one more newborn picture....
 
 ...AND here we are now (well, this was October) but this is the face we get ALL of the time. He is SO happy and good most of the time.  In fact, I was working on our Christmas cards....I wrote a short description of each kid using just about ten? words and phrases to describe them. Jason suggested for Cruz that I just write tolerant. tolerant. tolerant. tolerant. tolerant. tolerant. tolerant.... (you get the picture).  He gets dragged along to a lot of things that aren't any fun for him at all...but he is usually great! and just lets the older kids have their fun on our little trips.  He has a little harder time falling asleep away from his crib....but usually still takes great stoller and carseat naps. (I'm hoping this comes in handy on our Disney trip next week!)
 
He has been a very good baby....he wasn't extremely 'easy' last winter...just because he wasn't extremely healthy....but even then, he was super tolerant of feeling terrible...and as happy as he could have been. Now he is SO full of joy! We just love him!
 
Ahh...our last picture of the mohawk...it was so much cuter a couple of months ago...when the front stood up too...but it 'fell'....and even when I cut just the front a little shorter...it still just laid down... so we had to do the inevitable....give him a big boy haircut...
 

 No worries though....he is STILL absolutely adorable...and looks extremely cute when I spike his hair....and, of course, the back still sticks straight up.... poor kid.
 
AND in case you were wondering...he is not walking, yet...but very close. He actually took his first real steps yesterday!!!

 
 And now, a little interview of my baby....I thought about typing this up...and just answering everything with "ma ma ma ma ma" or "da da da da da"..... :) but instead I answered for Cruz (or, as he is known by Nash, Cruzie woozie woozie woozie...)
 
1. My favorite food is....anything....(seriously...he will eat anything...except baby food...he was never a fan of baby food!).

2. My favorite sport is....baby ball (when we play ball with him).

3. My favorite color is....milk :).

4. My favorite thing to do outside is....play in his exersaucer or go for a stroller ride.

5. My favorite song is...who let the dogs out? who, who, who, who? (we have a litte car toy that plays this and shakes around...it is like a gangster vehicle...when he presses the button, he usually sits there on the floor and waves his arms, breathes heavy, and then wiggles his legs so much that he scoots around on the floor!).

6. When I grow up I want to be...Keaton, Lola & Nash.

7. The coolest person on earth is...anybody taller than me.

8. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go...somewhere with lots of kids to watch.

9. My favorite treat is...fruit...mainly oranges.

10. A food I really don't like is...pickles.

11. My best friends are...Mommy.Daddy.Keaton.Lola.Nash.

12. Three words to describe me are...tolerant. happy. BIG.

13. My favorite book is.....one that I can chew on.

14. Before I fall asleep I think about...mine blankie.

15. I love to learn about...how to open child safe locks & unplug things.

16. My favorite thing to do with Keaton is....play in his room.

17. My favorite thing to do with Lola is...dance.

18. My favorite thing to do with Nash is...watch cartoons.

19. Something that makes me happy is....music.

20. The best thing about being one year old is....hopefully I can walk soon so I can keep up with the older 3 kids in this house.
 
Cruz does love to play with remotes, phones, and cords (some new favorites this week are strings of Christmas lights and Christmas ornaments...) so, he does have the potential to be a little stinker.  He actually plays pretty good by himself...unless you make eye contact :).  Lets say I am in the kitchen cooking, and he is playing nicely in the livingroom....if I look over at him...and he looks up at me...he will instantly drop the toy...and speedily crawl over to me! :)
 
Below is a picture of Cruz on Thanksgiving. The hat is a pilgrim hat that Lola made for him...(CUTE!)...and yes, he is holding my ipod...because that was the only way he would keep the hat on.
 
WE LOVE OUR "little" CRUZ!  He has been such a joy to have in our family....I have a feeling he will be a handful in a year....:) as Nash is his main teacher during the day....
 
Happy Birthday Cruz!

No comments:

Post a Comment