family

family

Thursday, October 24, 2013

whobody carved their pumpkins?

On the night of Nash's birthday, we decided to just completely fill the day with pumpkins and carve them too! (I figured I might as well as long as I had an offer of help from my parents!)

SO...as soon as the kids were up from their naps, we dug into the pumpkins. 
 (For the first time ever this year, I cut the bottoms out instead of the tops...for the record, I loved this...made it a lot easier to empty and even nicer to carve.)

Keaton and Lola were very good and digging in and emptying their pumpkins. It seems that Nash woke up on the wrong side of his nap :) so nothing really went well. I didn't want to take pictures of him crying while carving pumpkins on his birthday...so we only have pictures of him with the finished product.  Thankfully, my best babysitter, cartoons, entertained him while the rest of us worked.


Lola LOVED the guts of the pumpkin and desperately wanted to do one of those pumpkins where the guts are coming out and it looks like the pumpkin is throwing up. I choose my battles...and I chose to fight that one. GROSS! :)  She ended up with a rockstar pumpkin instead.


This shot was actually a zoomed in shot of Cruz that was in the bottom corner of a picture of Lola with her pumpkin guts. He was an excellent sport and enjoyed 'carving' pumpkins....turns out he tried to lick the pumpkin too....


Hmmmmm....not so good. better keep on doing it though....you never know when your tastes may change. (We eventually took his pumpkin away from him...and let him watch the cartoon too.)




Here is everyone with their finished products! Thank goodness Nash just let me use the cordless drill for his. Very easy...and quick. At that point he really didn't care. He really didn't like the pressure of carving pumpkins and picking out the perfect face to carve in there. He either wanted very intricate designs...or deathly ones like skulls. I am not a pumpkin artist...so I don't do intricate...and I DEFINITELY don't do the deathly stuff. YUCK. We talked him into a 4, since it was his birthday. Thank goodness my parents were there to help. My dad did most of the carving and my mom did the cleanup. It was great!  We ended our evening with supper out at Thoma's!




Cruz:  Isn't he sweet? I swear his pumpkin resembles him...


Lola: Posing with her pumpkin...the rockstar.



Keaton: The sports fan...he would have loved for me to carve a panther in there too...but had to settle for just the letters.


Nash: 4 years old today.... Thank goodness he made it through the pumpkin carving.


Our finished products all lit up outside! Happy early Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment