family

family

Friday, October 25, 2013

whobody has new glasses?

One of the nights that I had the kids at the football game, 
our babysitters (Blake and Alicia) came over with these 
awesome glasses. 
Nice, huh? 
The younger 3 just kept on taking turns (and fighting over) wearing these glasses. 
Keaton, the mature one, just giggled and watched them (and the football game). 

I guess we know what type of glasses to look for if any of the kids ever need spectacles...

I'm pretty sure Blake had to scrub his glasses with 
soap and hot water when we were done with them. 
They were full of skittle juice and rainbow sour candy.  
 Cruz actually looked the funniest in them, but would take them off the instant I would get my phone out to take a picture...
he would take the glasses off and say "cheese!"  
Too funny. This was the best one I got of him! (but he looked the funniest!)

The kids all LOVE football games. 
Keaton loves the football.
Lola loves the social event.
 Nash loves the candy and going to the bathroom by himself with K or L.
Cruz loves the popcorn and gatorade.

It is not easy to take them by myself...but it is usually worth it. 
Cruz is much more tolerant of a later bedtime than the others ever were at this age. 
And really, Keaton is actually getting to the age where he is getting into cheering on his team...and I want to encourage that!  

I feel like there are really a lot of times in our life, that the big kids have to give up things on account of the little kids. We can't do things in the afternoon and we have to keep things pretty 'young' when we do things as a family. The older 2 do a lot of GIVING when it comes to their little brothers (and soon to be their littlest brother or sister).  

So, I have decided that these football games are a chance for the younger two and ME to give to the older ones.... It isn't easy, and trust me, 
by the time we leave, it is TIME TO LEAVE.  
This is me just trying to seize the day.  It would be much easier if during the times that Jason was in the field, we would just stay home all of the time. 
But then I feel like we would  miss out on a good 4 months or so, of the year, just keeping it easy. I don't want to do that either!

That being said, we are going to the game tonight...
BUT, for the first time, I did get a babysitter for the younger 2. 
(Trust me, hard to find a babysitter on a Friday night around here.) 
I think that with the cold, the youngest 2 will have a lot more fun 
in the warm house with Rachel. 
I am looking forward to it!

Well, I hope you enjoyed our football game pictures...wish I had more! I am usually too busy chasing kids and managing popcorn dispersal...

I just thought these pictures were too funny NOT to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment