family

family

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

whobody makes me laugh every single day?


Nash has always had quite the personality….and it is so much fun to see how he is ‘growing into it’.  He is becoming such a big boy. Here are a few insights into Nash as a brand new FOUR year old!


he loves to signal things instead of say them.
But, usually explaining his signal, and then giving his signal takes up more time than just saying what he wants to communicate! 
*“mom when I do this, (knocks on bowl 3 times), it means I’m gonna throw up.” 
*“mom when I do this, (clicks his tounge), it means I’m ready for lunch.”
*“Nash, tell me when you are buckled.” “mom, when you hear a CLICK start driving fast!”


he has the cutest way of saying things.
He does not use correct sounds in his speech. (Yes, I know that some of you are rolling your eyes…saying I shouldn’t encourage it…don’t worry I don’t… BUT I don’t correct it yet either.)  He says “w’s” instead of “r’s” and “l’s” ….for example “Mom, I weally wike wittle Cwoozie!”.  He also adds an “sch” on anything that should probably be just “s”.  This is my favorite.  For example: “mom, thisch placshe ish aweshome!!!” Love it.  Not only is his little boy speech impediment cute, but even the way that he puts his words in order is sometimes so adorable. He is very funny.

he loves Cruz…a lot.
Every time he gets in the car after preschool he says to Cruz… “hey there, wittle fewwa. Did you missh me while I wash at preschool?” It is a.dor.a.ble.  They are best friends, worst enemies.  Nash isn’t appreciating it much that Cruz is beginning to ‘fight back’ and have opinons.  But he still looks out for him, and loves to help with his wittle buddy.  His newest thing is “reading” to Cruz.  He tells me he is going to read to Cruz “in his head”….and then he sits down with a book, invites Cruz over, and they just silently look at the book together….for about 30 seconds, until Cruz tries to take the book away and they begin to fight.


he is very, very thoughtful.
The other day, Jason was not feeling well….and he was still helping with Harvest but was in and out of the house a lot.  One time when he came in, he looked terrible…and Nash says “sowry you’re not feeling sho good, dad.” Melted my heart.  He also apologizes to me profusely when his sheets are wet in the morning.

he is very quick to say I’m sorry.
This isn’t always a good thing.  Lets say we are playing downstairs with friends…Nash gets frustrated with Lola, and hits her…and then turns and looks at me before I can even say anything and says “but mawm, I showwry.” Then when I dish out the punishment, he keeps saying it…thinking that if he is sorry, then maybe he won’t have to do the time.

he wears his heart on his sleeve.
He is usually either *very happy or *very sad. There isn’t a whole lot in between…and he can go from one to the other in zero-point-two.  (We have had a lot more ‘sad’ Nash since preschool began…but I think he is just a little bit tired out!)  He is so happy most of the time, and usually has a big cheesy grin on his face.  But, if he wants to sit by….lets say….Keaton at the dinner table, and Keaton already chose the spot between Lola and Cruz, Nash is heartbroken. We have to work on that one a little…

he LOVES preschool.
Nash only has preschool 3 mornings a week, but those mornings can’t come quickly enough for him. He loves to go to school. First, he gets to ride with “Kole & Tate” (Nikole…& Tate)…. And he idolizes his teacher Lisa.  He talks about different friends each time, and loves to tell me who the leader was, what they had for snack, and which centers he got to go to!  The other day he told me he got to go to the art center 3 times in a row! (they just draw popsicle sticks to choose their center).   I asked him what he made… he said “nothin’ I was just hangin’ out in there”.  Too funny. He probably spent an hour surrounded by markers, crayons, scissors and paper…and he just skipped the creativity part and just hung out. Talk about living in the moment.


he STILL NEEDS his naps.
Nash still sleeps with his blankie…and whichever stuffed animal he chooses as his favorite on that day.  He loves to have me lay with him for a few minutes and just chat before naptime…and even more he loves to do prayers and snuggle with me a bit before bedtime. He is really a great sleeper…. And either wakes up extremely happy OR extremely grumpy. No in between. When he wakes up happy, it is usually when Jason and I …and usually Keaton and Lola are already sitting at the table eating breakfast… Suddenly, he will just open the door across the hallway a crack, and then just peek around the door and click his tongue multiple times, then, Jason will click back and they have this clicking conversation for a few minutes. Too cute.  Then Nash will usually run out fully dressed….and extremely proud.   When he wakes up extremely grumpy…well, nothing is right, his pants are too long, his shirt is too little, his socks have bumps in the toes, the chex are too crunched up, and the sun is too bright. These mornings used to be few and far between….but, the pressure of preschool has been taking a toll on him. He seems to be coming back around to mostly happy Nash though.



his favorite thing to do is 
spend time with Keaton and Lola.
He really looks up to his big brother and sister. He loves playing with them outside and keeping up with them as much as he can. His absolute favorite, most special thing, is to have sleepovers with one of them. They are both very good about reading to him…and making him feel very special in their rooms.  Soon, Nash will be moving into Keaton’s room for good….they will be roommates…I hope they both enjoy that as much as sleepovers.


he is very entertaining.
Like most 4 year olds, he says the funniest things. I can truly say Nash makes me laugh every day.  I even giggle when he drinks his orange juice in the morning...he acts like he hasn't had a thing to drink in days...and can make 1 oz. last for like 30 seconds of drinking. Jason usually says "throw him a life jacket" when he is having his morning drinkathon.  He is so innocent, yet, not really. He loves to entertain. He is very social and loves playdates and babysitters.  His stories are great to listen to, and he is very, very funny.  He knows a lot more ‘bathroom humor’ than he should…thanks to K&L….and he knows how to use it without REALLY being naughty.  He can say the naughtiest and the sweetest thing in the same sentence...and totally get away with it. He is a charmer...watch out ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment