family

family

Thursday, October 24, 2013

whobody had a pumpkin-y birthday?

This year, Nash's birthday fell on a Saturday. 
I felt a lot of pressure to make it special (since Daddy was in the field and we were unable to have a real birthday party for him on the day of his birthday.)

I had heard from a few friends that Pinter's Pumpkin Patch in Decorah was an excellent place to visit. So, I called my parents and asked if they wanted to go with us...you know, to spend quality time with my kids. (Okay, really, I also wanted them there for 'back-up'.)  They agreed and we picked them up on the way!

It was a very chilly day...I should have brought hats and mittens...but I didn't...and the kids still survived. They had a blast...especially Nash, the birthday boy!

First the group picture (looking into the sun) taken right when we arrived!



The kids also grouped up for me while playing on the tires!

The kids LOVED the tires...Lola wasted no time and quickly made some new friends (notice, they are, of course, boys).  Keaton followed Cruz around and helped him up and down and through the tires. He is seriously the best big brother ever (to Cruz, at least.) Look at how he is picking him up! 


Cruz thought the tires were very funny!


This is the birthday boy showing me "four" with his dirty fingers after playing on the tires.... happy kid.

Cruz loved the animals...and, even though there were warnings posted everywhere about not sticking your fingers through the fence, he did it anyway! 
(It's almost like he couldn't read...)  No worries...no one got bit.


Nash even got his hand on the donkey...very exciting!




The kids had SO MUCH FUN on the bikes and pedal go-carts. 
I think they would all say this was their favorite part!



My helpers...(my parents) both took their turns pushing the kids around in the tubes.  Notice my mom and Cruz are pushing Keaton....and my dad is pushing Lola and Nash.  They had so much fun! (Well, at least the kids did....)



There was this huge-bouncy-blow-up-pillow-thing that we bounced on at the end of our trip. (If we would have been smart, we would have done it right away to keep warm!)

Nash loved the hillbilly music area!



We didn't have near enough time to do everything. Next year, I will try to get there earlier.  We kind of had to rush the kids through everything, because we needed to head to Mabe's for lunch. (This pregnant momma gets grumpy when she is hungry.)  

We had a wonderful morning at the pumpkin patch. It was the perfect thing to do on Nash's birthday....and a great way to spend our last day with 'grandpa sheryl and grandma piano' before they headed to Florida. Funny, I totally put them to work that day...made them come to the pumpkin patch, push my kids around, and then later on they helped me carve pumpkins. I think they kind of like it though....I know my kids had a BLAST! It was the absolutely perfect thing to do for Nash's birthday!
and yes....I  know that the bottom button on my coat is not buttoned.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment