family

family

Friday, May 31, 2013

whobody went on a river walk?

One of our favorite things to do as a family in the summer is go to Guttenberg, pick up food at the drive-in, and then sit by the river and eat it! 
We then follow it up with a family walk along the river.

One beautiful night (a few weeks ago) I braved it by myself, and took the kids on a riverwalk date. (Jason was planting corn.)

Surprisingly it went well.
You see, when we are around home, it seems that 4 kids is no problem...most of the time.
But, sometimes, when we go and do things out of the house...
things get chaotic, and I feel like I can't handle my own kids!!!

Lucky for us...this night went VERY smoothly.

First...here is Cruz with his nuggets and milk.... He looks a little warm!


And....Lola with her hot dog.

 Nash...being silly. (of course)

 Finally, Keaton, as responsible as ever.


Doing things like this with the kids is really good for me.
 (Especially during field work time when I feel a little maxed out.)  

When we are out and about...
I can't be working on laundry, or cleaning veggies, or picking up....
or whatever else has to be done around the house that
 seems to distract me from how great my kids are.  

When we are out and about...I have nothing to do but enjoy them....
(and try to keep them in line.)

They had SO much fun. We had a great night!


Now...if only the summer weather would stick around for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment