family

family

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

whobody likes Lolaisms?

SO....here it is. Every time I post a funny from Lola on facebook, people remind me that I should be keeping track of these "Lolaisms". So, my mom lovingly went through my facebook page back to MAY and copied and pasted these posts for me to keep....so I thought that I would share them on the blog. So, enjoy...I know I sure have. My personal favorite is on May 24th. Please note: I love all of my children...and they all do funny or sweet things (some of which are included here in the "lolaism" list)...but at this age, Lola seems to have the most entertaining things to say! As I said in the beginning, there will not be equal coverage on all kids...but I will do my best. For now, enjoy Lola's funnies.

12.23.10 me- "are you buckled yet?" lola (while shaking her head) -"this is just life mom, this is just life...." me- "what do you mean?" lola- "mom, it is just life that it takes me so long to do everything!" well said, i guess....

12.21.10 Lola was heartbroken this morning. "mom, why did you guys name me Lola? it starts with 'Lo' and that means little and i am not little...I am 4." We have officially changed her name to High-la.... (by officially, I mean on facebook, of course)

12.19.10 Today Keaton asked "mom, how does God get babies into mommies' tummies?" Lola was quick to answer..."Christmas magic Keat, Christmas magic." (maybe we have been using that to explain too many things this time of year...)

12.4.10 "....with a corncob pipe and a butt and nose....:) and two eyes made out of coal...." (Lola seriously thinks these are the words.....")

11.19.10 ‎"mom, if you give me a piggy back ride I will give you a quarter..." maybe I'm using the quarter thing a little too much with Lola :)

11.8.10 I think it is sweet that I have had to reassure Keaton over and over that he can keep on living with me when he grows up :) this is something he is very concerned about. (and yes, we will have to have a little talk if he still feels that way when he is 18)

11.2.10 Lately, every time I send Lola back to her room to put away the clothes in her laundry basket, she comes out in a completely different outfit! :) Seriously, 3 going on 13

10.18.10 Tonight as we were getting ready for bed: Keaton was singing the Clayton Ridge Eagles fight song at the top of his lungs....(thank you kindergarten:) so Lola says "Keaton that is so loud it is hurting my eyeballs AND my earballs!" I later asked what earballs are...they are the part that you put the earrings through.....just in case you were wondering.

10.15.10 "but mom, i CAN jump on the bed because I'll never get hurt....I always keep things around my bed...and I will always make sure God is with me. HE will protect me!" how do I argue with that one?

10.11.10 my latest argument with little miss Lola...she is convinced that the instant Nash turns one (when he wakes up tomorrow morning) he will magically be able to walk and talk perfectly. "I can't wait to chat with him and see what his voice sounds like...." although I have tried to reason with her, I am choosing for this to be a battle I stop fighting :) who knows, maybe she will be right!

9.29.10 in case you were wondering... the opposite of 'inside out' is 'inside in' (lola has successfully used this in conversations like 3 times today :)

9.15.10 tonight keaton told me "I'm gonna tell my teacher on you, MOM!" (I hope I don't get in too much trouble from Mrs. Tujetsch for putting Keaton in timeout...)

‎9.13.10 "Mom! Look! it is snowing! that means it is almost winter! YES!" "No, Lola.... sorry to disappoint you, but that is just the corn dust from the dryer floating in the air and piling up in our yard....." "can we still play in it?"

‎8.31.10 "Mom.... can I text Keat? I really need to tell he somethin'....I REALLY miss he!" (thankfully preschool starts in a week....this kindergarten thing has been harder on Lola than mommy!)

8.22.10 leave it to Lola to have a hokey pokey accident at the wedding dance last night.... that is one DANGEROUS song!

‎8.5.10 "mom, when we go to the zoo in chicago...I don't want to see the scary animals like the lions and tigers....I just want to see the cuddly ones....like the crocodiles..."

9.27.10 Today at nash's 9 month checkup the doctor referred to him as a MOOSE! Yes, he is already 27 lbs and has 8 teeth...but he does not have any antlers :) I hope that my kids score as well on ITBS as they do on their growth charts...100th percentile every time!!! Nothing like setting the bar....

7.16.10 I just learned that every time Lola sits in the seat next to Nash in the car...she has to pay Keaton one penny. (I wondered why they were no longer fighting about that seat anymore...it is now a toll seat and Keaton owns it!)

7.14.10 Nash is in "crawling position" on a blanket, and keaton is giving him a ride around the kitchen! (is it because he is my 3rd baby that I think that this is incredibly cute instead of incredibly dangerous???)

7.12.10 swimming lessons went okay! one child went down the slide 3 times and jumped off of the diving board 6 times...and the other child just stayed on the steps and held onto the edge of the pool.... oh how their personalities shine through! :)

‎7.10.10 (at the pool yesterday) keaton says "mom, why do we have to get out of the pool?" I said "it is a pool check" keaton says "what are they checking the pool for?" LOLA says, with all of the confidence in the world, "they are just checking the pool for pee and poop, Keat!" She has got it ALL figured out!

6.28.10 ‎"but mom, why do they make dusting spray smell so good if they don't want you to eat it???

6.21.10 thinks it is cute that everytime I tell Lola "be careful" she says ..."but why, mom?"

5.26.10 Today the kids were telling me what they want to be when they grow up. Keaton wants to be a taxi driver AND Lola wants to be (drumroll please) a lollipop~

5.24.10 ‎"Mom, will you help me put my boobs on?"
-Lola...needing help with her swimsuit.

5.22.10 is listening to Keaton & Lola argue about whether or not tigers lay eggs. Lola says yes, Keaton says no..... I think I will just let them fight this one out....

5.20.10 I love it that my kids were just fighting over who GETS to change the toilet paper roll. keaton's future wife will thank me someday.

5.18.10 Keaton just came in the house with his bike helmet... "mom, help me put this on. I am going to play some tball with Lola and I want to be safe....she is pretty wild" Too cute. So they are both running around the "bases" with their bike helmets on. Love it!

5.13.10 so...lola just hurt her foot in her room....she was jumping from her bed onto a stepstool strategically placed about 3 feet away. "i was just trying to exercise, mom....!"

5 comments:

  1. i still really like the "butt and nose" one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swimsuit comment is my favorite! Love the Lolaisms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears are running down my face. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 7/14/10.....I love your kids!

    ReplyDelete