family

family

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Disney World (part 1)

This winter, Keaton, Lola and I took a little trip. The original plan was: the three of us would fly to Panama City Beach (where my parents live during the winter) and spend some time with them. Jason and I decided that he and Nash would just stay home because he is not at a great age to travel, and would not be easy to travel with....what can I say, he is a creature of habit and routine, and a visit to Panama City Beach would not include routines or habits *unless you want to count the habit of going out to eat every night. THEN in November, Jason and I had the GREAT idea of meeting my parents in Disney World instead of PCB. Keaton and Lola are at the perfect age for a trip to Orlando... and we knew that they would enjoy it. I wasn't sure if my Mom would go for it or not (Ha ha....of course she would). So, on Christmas morning we gave the kids a present containing some Disney toys to tell them we were going to Disney World in a few weeks! Keep in mind, I was expecting a great reaction...instead...Keaton cried because he thought he might be scared and Lola did not know what to think! I am writing a separate post for each day of vacation because otherwise I had WAY too many pictures to share. Enjoy!

So...on Monday, January 17th Keaton, Lola and I flew out of Moline on a direct flight to ORLANDO, FL! We were supposed to fly out at 9:50...but ended up in the plane on the tarmac for over an hour becasue of icy conditions. They de-iced the plane 2 times and then finally took off! The kids were EXCELLENT on the plane...they were very excited and really enjoyed coloring and taking in the sights.


We finally arrived in Orlando sometime after lunch, and took the Magic Express :) to our hotel to meet my parents. When we got there we ate an early supper and then headed to the Magic Kingdom! This was the first of many pictures in front of the castle!
Next are some pictures of us on the kids' 3 FAVORITE rides.... Dumbo, Small World and the Carousel. (Lola loves riding the beautiful horses....but Keaton prefers to sit on the bench :)
We ended the night with a great Electrical Parade....*not sure of the correct name. It was very fun to see the kids watch the parade, they really thought it was cool and it was the first time that they got to see any characters! Our first night was awesome...but we were tired and had to call it a night after that. Lola was WAY too scared to try to stay for fireworks...so we headed back to the hotel and got settled in to sleep after a long day of travel. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading about day 1 in Disney World....stay tuned for more installments!

1 comment:

  1. Awww....you are a great mom Lesa!! I bet the kids are having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete