family

family

Thursday, August 23, 2012

whobody is excited for her 4th 1st day of school?

I know.
It is crazy that Lola's 1st day of kindergarten is actually her
FOURTH 1st day of school.
 
So, it is funny....as much as I don't like sending my kids to school...
I did send Lola to preschool when she was 2 (almost 3).
 
In my defense...she needed it. :) She gets awful bored here at home.  So, when she was 2 and school was starting, I was like 12 months pregnant with Nash (okay, only 7...but it felt like more).  A few days before school started at the 'little preschool'....the wonderful teacher, Lisa, and I chatted on the street....and she mentioned that the class was small, and Lola was very verbal...so if I wanted to send her to 3 year old preschool as a 2 year old....I sure could.  This explains Lola's blue backpack with the name "Lauren" on it for her first day of school. (Garage sale find from our toy room).    Lola loved school right away! She is very social, and really doesn't like to play independently. *very unlike Keaton.  So, below...Lola on her first day of Little Preschool (2 years old)....isn't she cute? and so little?
 
 
 
 
The next year when Lola was 3 we sent her to Lisa again at the Little Preschool.  She also had a great year...and was joined at the hip with her best friend, Colton. (Some day Colton and Lola will be so embarrassed about how we made them best friends when they were little....I think they will always watch out for each other...even though they will be a grade apart).  So...below is a picture of Lola getting into the car. I had lots of other pictures...but she is so silly in ALL of them.
 
Then, when Lola was 4 she finally got to go to Big Preschool with Ms. Vaughan.  She loved this year too...but still really felt like she was missing out on all of the fun that Keaton got to have at Clayton Ridge Elementary.  She made some new friends at preschool (since Colton was still with Lisa) and loved to play with Olivia, Mia and Lily.  I should mention that she has already decided she is marrying a boy named Caleb from her class too.... (again, she will love me for saying that.)
 
 
Now, as a 5 year old, she is finally in Kindergarten. She is very excited. She gets the same teacher Keaton had (I should also mention that this teacher was also JASON'S kindergarten teacher....AND a teacher that I taught with back in the day!)  We have a lot of connections with Mrs. Tujetsch. She is wonderful....she really is. Lola is most excited about the classroom pet...a tortiose named Scooter...AND Mrs. Tujetsch always hatches baby chicks in her room in the Spring. 
 
Lola can't wait.  She will love being in school all day...and she will love not having to do "quiet time" at home.  I am amazed at how much Lola has grown up in the last year...and how much she has picked up from Keaton academically.  Lola can SERIOUSLY READ.  She really can. She can read as well as Keaton did at the END of kindergarten.  She picked it up just from watching Keaton. Amazing.
 
She will love learning new things...and meeting new people.  She will also love being busy all day.  She may get herself into a little more trouble than Keaton ever did.  Lola is not a people pleaser....she is more of a people entertainer. This sometimes tends to get her into trouble.  She is a daring adventurer that likes to make people laugh...and have fun.  She said she is a little nervous about today...but I know that she will love it and do JUST fine.
 
I can't believe that she is in Kindergarten already.  Keaton has big plans of "helping" Lola at school and on the bus...but she is not going to need any help at all. I am so proud of her.  She is a lovable little lady with a strong personality. I know she will thrive in Kindergarten...but I will sure miss her around here (most of the time anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment