family

family

Thursday, August 23, 2012

whobody is on the bus?

Boy, my house is QUIET!
 
It is just me, Nash and Cruz today (and Cruz is already napping.)
 
Today was Lola's first day of Kindergarten, and Keaton's first day of 2nd grade!
 
I can't believe my kids are already getting so old. We just realized last night that when Nash is going to kindergarten....Keaton will be here in Garnavillo at the Middle School!!!! Wow. Time really flies.
 
This morning we had our annual first day of school photo shoot....
 
I have  noticed that when my kids are nervous, they get silly.
(They get that from me.)
 
They both got up early and were ready by 7:15.  The bus doesn't come til at least 7:35. I guarantee that Lola will NOT be ready by 7:15 every day....Keaton might...but, Lola needs a lot of reminders....and tends to dawdle.  But, not today.
 
 
 
 
 
 I really am excited for my kids to go to school. I hate to have them out of my 'controlled bubble' for so many hours of the day....and I miss them terribly...and I worry about their little hearts getting hurt (or knees) and me not being there to comfort them.... but I am excited for them.  I do know that having them in school, things will be much more under control around here...and we will have a better daily routine. (I thrive on routine.)  But I really do hate to miss out on so much of their day. Such is life, I guess.
 
Of course the kiddos had to ride their bikes around until the bus got here. Shelby was a little late, so they were a little worried that I forgot to tell the school that they were riding the bus!
 But she eventually showed up, they both threw down their bikes, and reluctantly turned around for one more picture....
 And, they're off.
For some reason, this year is easier for me than the last 2 have been.  I guess that there is something to be said about knowing that they are together. Safety in numbers. Now...I am going to look for their past first day of school pictures....and then spend the rest of the day playing with Nash (and hopefully catching up around here). 
 
Deep breath in, deep breath out. 
It is not easy for me to see my kids growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment