family

family

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

whobody loves to relax?

I know...the fair was 2 weeks ago....but I still have these last pictures to write about....

There are 2 parts of the fair that are relaxing :) the rest....well, chaos.  One of my favorite parts of the fair this year was the tractors. Yes, the farm equipment parked in the shade was very valuable to me.  The kids ALL loved to sit in the tractors and pretend driving them, and Cruz and I enjoyed being in the 'coolest' place in the fairgrounds.  There is always plenty of shade...and usually a decent breeze in this area.

While Nash and Keaton enjoyed sitting on the seats you are supposed to sit on....Lola enjoyed climbing up the tires and up the sides of the equipment :) We stopped that...but not til after I took a quick picture. Lola is always the one to 'push' the rules.




Although we have no green equipment at our farm...the kids enjoyed pretending at the fair. Nash insisted on buckling up....safety first!


This was Nash's FAVORITE....there was a backhoe on the back so he would stand back there and pretend to be working!


The kids spent a lot of time on this one too...they pretended to go on lots of trips....walmart and chicago mostly. :)



The other relaxing part of the fair for me is the live music! This is at the end of the night...and is always a great wind down before we go home.  The music is never anyone super popular or anything, but it is PERFECT. We grab some popcorn.... water....and usually sno-cones.  We lay out a big blanket (usually next to Hoegers) and we relax. By relax, I mean run around in circles, play tag, pick grass, dance, throw grass in the air, mooch Hoegers popcorn....well, I guess we parents relax...and the kids play play play!




Since there are NEVER any pictures of me with my children, I took a couple of self portraits....




Cruz's ABSOLUTE FAVORITE part of the fair was the music too!  He loved to be OUT of his stroller....and playing on the blanket. Turns out he LOVES picking and eating grass.....

He enjoyed stretching out on the blanket...and playing with the kids.


Of course, Nash got out of control sometimes... here is a picture of Nash after he said "Nashy nuggle you Keaton!)



Of course, our future rockstar was timidly dancing in front of our blanket to the music....(although, she was a little worried people might see her)....


And here is a picture of the kids...they would pick piles of grass....(Keaton would shove as much grass as he could into EVERY pocket he had...nice.)  After the grass was picked they would pick it up and THROW it into the air.  Fun times.


A picture of me and my sweetie!





A picture of my little sweet family on the blanket....yes, I know, it is time for Nash to 'lose' his binkie... he loves it SO much. Maybe when he turns 3. For right now, he only gets it at naptime and bedtime....

We really do LOVE the fair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment