family

family

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

whobody is getting ready?

Well. My kids start school tomorrow.
YIKES.
I will now have a kindergartner & and second grader.
 
 
A few weeks ago we got our school supplies ready to go.
Of course, Nash packed a backpack too...and Cruz wanted to be a part of the action.
 
 
Don't worry...he was safe. He wasn't in a bumbo or anything ;)  At this time, he wasn't crawling yet....and I was standing right there the whole time!  He LOVED to be right in the middle of it all.
 
Our school does an open house the night before school. THIS is wonderful.  They get their supplies to their rooms...and meet their teachers again...and see where they are headed the next day!  This is a great way to get those jitters out. (Which we needed....)
 Keaton is more nervous than Lola about school (which doesn't make any sense at all...since she is the one starting Kindergarten in a totally new building and everything).  Keaton would prefer to stay in 1st grade...on the bottom floor of the school...riding Bill's bus.  I think he feels better after tonight...but still a bit timid.
 Lola on the other hand said this "at kindergarten round up I was nervous, at kindergarten practice I was nervous, but tonight DID IT....I am SO excited and not nervous at all!"  No worries there.
I am not going to get too into my emotions....tonight at least. :) I do have a hard time seeing my kids pass into different stages of life and meet different challenges. Like Keaton, I am anxious about change.  But, I too will get used to only 1/2 of my kids being here during the day...and hopefully, that will make me a little more productive around here...and make the little boys' lives a little more routine. 
We will see how things go tomorrow on the BIG first day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment