family

family

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

whobody is liking their time at home with Mom?

Today is Keaton and Lola's 4th day of school and they are LOVING it!
 
I should confess...that those of us left at home each day are loving it too.
Nash has truly been a PEACH since the kids have gone to school. He is really playing by himself well, and is really enjoying spending the extra time with me AND cruz
(or wittow cwoozie woozie woozie as he likes to call him)
 
 
 
 
The first day of school, I set up something special for an after school snack.  This was mostly for Nash, but Keaton and Lola enjoyed it too.  For a couple of months Nash has been talking about how he has to go to his "tractor birthday party" and has explained to us that it is a birthday party for his tractors. SO....during his nap, I set up a tractor birthday party downstairs.  Luckily it met his expectations...and Keaton and Lola enjoyed the cupcakes that came along with it.
 My goal (in an attempt to keep Lola's papers where they belong, and to learn about the school day from both kids) is to have a snack ready and sit down at the table for a few minutes with the kids as soon as they get home from school.  I figure this is a good way for me to 'touch base' with them, and have them show me everything in their back pack before it gets lost behind the couch!  NOW...there will not be another tractor birthday party for awhile...but that was fun too.  Nash really did love it...especially when we sang happy birthday to the tractors..and then NASH got to blow out the candle!
 
 
I cannot believe how peaceful and productive things are around here with the 2 oldest gone! I love to have them around....but I also LOVE to get things done!  Today I sorted both Keaton & Lola's rooms and closets (they were bad).  Can I turn my 7 year old in for hoarding??? Wow! :) He is getting better...but still likes his 'stuff'. 
 
 
Cruz is especially enjoying the more peaceful house.  He has been napping better! (because no one is running past his room waking him up I suppose!)
By the way, he LOVES lasagna. :) I am so glad the kids are enjoying school...and that Nash is not too sad he isn't going too.  We are all adjusting well!

No comments:

Post a Comment