family

family

Saturday, October 20, 2012

whobody helped?

Nash LOVED helping me get ready for his birthday party.
 
The day before, he assisted me the cupcake baking...we had to do both yellow cupcakes AND chocolate...because Nash was insisting on yellow (I don't know if he has ever even had yellow cake before)...and the other 2 kids were trying their best to talk him into chocolate....I decided to just try to make everyone happy!
 
 
 
 
Of course, we had to do a picture of him pointing at the cupcakes...
just in case we couldn't see them. 
 
 Ironic how we had cupcake wrappers with skull & crossbones on them.
 Nothing like desensitizing the kids to the
universal sign for poison....
(Didn't think of THAT one when I bought them....luckily, we did not make poison cupcakes.)
 
 
The day of Nash's birthday, he went around a picked out which trucks and tractors he wanted on his 'birthday cake'...(and then I washed them...) and then he helped me set it up!  Notice how both the skid loader and the loader tractor are 'lifting' the cupcakes into the other trucks. Nash thought that was HILARIOUS.
 
 
Then he (without me asking him to) went into the storeroom, where Lola had his wrapped presents hidden...and started carrying them out. (They must not have been hidden too well...since he found them unprompted.)
 
 
Checking out the presents...these are not actually all filled with toys...
the bags are from Keaton and Lola....
those sweeties made pictures, books and cards for Nash...and Keaton even saved little snacks and prizes from school and gave them to Nash in his present.
Sometimes they really do make my heart smile.
(And if you check out the tape job on the present...Keaton wrapped it all by himself....I was actually impressed...however, I may need to go buy some more tape.)
 
 
Lastly...Keaton worked very hard making this banner for Nash...He cut out all of these separate triangles....and had plans of stringing them together...but we ran out of time, so we just glued them on some scrapbook paper.
I believe we will be saving this for other years....
 
Nash (and the older 2 kids) really had lots of fun getting prepared for the party....they LOVE to have people over...especially their cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment