family

family

Monday, October 29, 2012

whobody loves mondays?

I have a confession to make.
 
I love Mondays.
 
I really do. I know most people complain about Mondays...but, usually, not me. I love my kids...and I really enjoy my kids....and I love spending time with my kids.
 BUTwhen the number of kids in our house goes from 4 to 2, things are a lot different.
 
I also love weekends....I really do have fun when all of the kids are around....and the little boys have a blast with the big kids leading them around and playing with them. 
 
But, when Monday rolls around, I think all 3 of us are happy to have things a little more calm and peaceful.  I call Monday my weekend recovery day. :)  Keep in mind, Jason is still in the field....so it is just me and the kids all weekend long....and things tend to get a little hectic.  This harvest is going well...and all in all...I am doing fine...but I am getting tired, and am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving!
 
Below is a picture of Keaton and Lola waiting for the bus...of course, Nash joined them (like he usually does) and they decided that they should do a group hug to stay warm. It really isn't that cold....but one week ago the kids went to school in shorts...so it just feels cold now. I love that too...I am ready for the change in seasons. I actually had my air on last week (i hate having my air on)....only because it was so warm in here... and....with the corn dryer running, I cannot have the windows open without flooding the house with pieces of corn. Now, the air is fresh outside...and it feels like fall. Love it!
 
 
This is Nash already starting to say "No me say bye to Keaton & Lola..."
 
I wanted to do a little reminiscing.....here is a picture of me one year ago today.
It isn't the clearest picture...but I think you can see that I am a little pregnant in this picture. (No, this is not my announcement...I am not pregnant now, but, thanks for asking!) Anyway, as you can see above, I was pregnant one year ago today....(and didn't even have my 9 lb baby for 1 month after this picture was taken!)
No wonder I felt miserable by the end of the day! Wow.
Amazing....that tiny little baby bump
(okay, I know it isn't tiny) is now THIS:
Isn't he stinkin' cute? I know I haven't posted much about Cruz lately...he is really great!
 
He has just started using his little walking toys...and is VERY proud when he can stroll across the room.  He usually dances while he is walking, because his lion makes music when it moves...who can resist dancing when you hear music? He has 7 teeth already and is crawling everywhere (and into everything).  I love to smooch his cheeks...and he loves to be tickled.... When I look at these pictures I am reminded that I am truly blessed! It is just amazing...when I was that pregnant...I never imagined having an almost one year old a year later. Somehow at that stage of pregnancy, it is hard to see past the newborn stage.  My children truly are a blessing.  :) Sometimes I need that reminder on Sunday night during harvest... Luckily, my Mondays bring me back and ground me a little.  
 
Funny thing is, here I am....looking forward to one hour from now when Keaton and Lola get home from school!  Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment