family

family

Thursday, October 11, 2012

whobody had a great homecoming?

Last week was homecoming.
 
Therefore, the kids got to dress up special every day!
 
On Sunday, we got the Halloween costumes out to get prepared for the week.
(Which meant that Nash has pretty much been wearing some sort of costume for over a week now.)
 
Monday was "Superhero Day"....
 
 Lola got to wear an X-men costume which I had purchased on clearance years ago for Keaton.... I think it was size 4T...but Lola was able to squeeze into it....
 
She LOVED wearing it all day at school...although...
I guess she had to take her mask off to eat. 
 
She said she had a blast at recess because when she would press the red button on her belt she would be able to run lightning speed...
 Keaton wore a superman cape...he wasn't too sure about dressing up...
so we kept it low key...
 
I should mention....
{I originally bought it for this about 7 years ago....}
Yes....THIS is Keaton and it was the picture I used for our Christmas card.
I believe it said "Have a SUPER Christmas!"
 
 
 
 
I believe Tuesday was a day where each class had to wear a specific color...
didn't take a picture of that....
Wednesday was Cowboy Day....
 
 
AND of course, since they were dressed up, Nash had to dress up too!
 
(Did I mention he wore his dinosaur costume to the soccer game on Monday night?....it was either that, or he was ripping Lola's superhero costume off of her.)
 After school on Wednesday, it was SO nice out, I decided to head to Guttenberg for the soccer game early...and have a picnic by the river. 
 
By picnic...of course, I mean I load up a picnic basket with paper plates and napkins....
and then pick up nuggets, burgers, hot dogs and fries....and eat them at a picnic table.
 
Classy, I know...but when it is just one (me) against four (them)...
sometimes, I have to take shortcuts. 
 It was a BEAUTIFUL day.
The leaves were perfect...and it was warm but not too warm....
and brisk enough to feel like Fall. LOVED IT.
 The kids played in the trees and ran around a little before we headed to the soccer field.
 
 We are SO blessed to live where we live...so close to the river!
 
 We headed to the game...and I had to catch a picture of Cruz...since he is usually on 'my side of the camera' he seems to not get in too many pics these days.
 Isn't he adorable???? (and doesn't he look like Keaton in the superman picture?)
 
 Of course, Nash still had his 'outfit' on.
Did I mention that the fireman hat actually makes a siren noise?
Love it.
Keaton told Nash he couldn't turn it on while we were driving because it might make too many cars pull over....
 And...of course...hamball Lola LOVES soccer games.
 
 
Anytime Cruz sits on someones lap....Nash wants to join in too. 
"Me sit on this lap!"
Luckily Grandma Tractor made room for both little boys.
 
Okay...onto more dress up days....
(I am cramming a lot into one post...because I have a little boy who turns THREE tomorrow....and I have cupcakes in the oven...and I have to get this finished!!!)
 
Thursday was "throwback day" or something like that...they were supposed to dress up like the 50's 60's 70's or 80's....I chose the 80's. 
 
Lola's outfit was easy.
I just used things out of her closet...because NEWSFLASH the styles now in clothes are a lot like the 80's (hair, not so much)....
We even crimped her hair by braiding it wet the night before. She looked awesome.
 I really didn't know what to do with Keaton (boys seem to be a little harder to dress up)... So we went to our 'treasure chest' of Jason's old things...and found an old baseball shirt of Jason's (which he wore in the 80's) and tight rolled Keaton's jeans and spiked his hair.  I thought they both looked pretty cute!
 
 
Of course, Friday was "Spirit Day" which meant just dress up in school gear. 
NOTE TO SELF: buy some hair color and face paint...our outfits for spirit day are always pretty lame compared to others. :) 
 
We ended the week by going to the football game! Cruz stayed home with Grandma Tractor babysitting...and me and the three older kids went to the football game.
 
They love to do this....we usually only stay til halftime...since the game starts and 7:30...which is pretty much their bedtime!!!
 
We bundled up...and had a great time at the game (although, if Lola had a quarter for every time she complained...she would have been able to buy lots of popcorn and skittles....).  We had a great homecoming week.  The kids had fun dressing up!  I hope that they continue to be good sports about stuff like this. 
 
 Life is a lot more fun if you participate in the silly things....such as dress up days at school!(at least that is what I tell myself....)

No comments:

Post a Comment