family

family

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

whobody is a farmer?

You would think that with harvest being in full swing....my kids would get lots of tractor and combine and semi rides.... not. so. much. 
 
 It is funny. They barely get to farm with Daddy...and it is mostly my fault.
 
Seriously...it is so much work to get them out there to ride along....First of all....I can't just send them out there for the night....riding for 15 or 20 minutes is plenty for the rider AND the driver.  (for annoyance AND safety reasons.)
 
  I have to time it so it is not over a meal or during a soccer game....AND....I have to keep things fair so no one feels completely forgotten. :) Usually combine rides involve me parking in the field...and keeping 3 kids in the car...while 1 kid rides....and then switching through all of the kids. This is an all night process (and one we haven't done yet this year....)
 
THAT being said...last week they were actually picking beans here at the home farm...so I just walked Nash down to the edge of the field so he could ride with Daddy while the other 2 were at school.
 
Shhhh....don't tell Keaton and Lola.
 
 
 
Nash was in "combine heaven"....he loved his ride...and I think it is a good break in the day for Jason too.  As always, Nash didn't stop talking the whole time...and thought it was pretty cool to be combining RIGHT by grandma tractor's house!
 
Hopefully we will get the kids out there at least ONCE this fall.  Time just gets away from me...and it is SO much easier to stay at home.  I just know how much the kids LOVE to ride with Dad (I know I sure miss riding along...) Hmm...maybe tonight I will just have to get them out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment