family

family

Thursday, June 2, 2011

whobody is a first grader?

 from this...
to this!
Today was Keaton's last day of Kindergarten...and BOY was he ready! He has been ready for weeks now...so I am glad it is finally here. He will miss school, but I think that he is just getting exhausted and needs a break! All day kindergarten, 5 days a week....was just too much for this little guy.  Emotions were always running high by Thursday afternoon.  I guess we just keep him a little too busy... :)  Well, the first picture, in the red shirt, is Keaton on the first day of school this year....the second picture, in the blue shirt, is today.  It is a little hard to compare the 2 :) because of the silly face I am getting...but I couldn't get him to give me a real smile...he kept giving me this one...
I'm not sure where this smile came from, but that was all he could give me this morning. He was very busy working on drawings for his teachers and wanted to get them done before the bus came....my photo shoot was interrupting his work!!!

He has grown up so much since he started kindergarten....he is a much braver little boy than before. He used to be deathly afraid of any animal (except bugs or worms) and wouldn't ever go near them. Now he is open to petting almost any animal! I am also amazed at how well he is already reading as a kindergartner! I am loving seeing him grow, but I sure hate to lose my little boy!  I have this saying hanging above my purse/coat rack.  "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." by Dr. Seuss.  I need to repeat that to myself daily because I have always been bad with things changing! 

At kindergarten graduation the other night he even got the "Best Handwriting" award! He was very proud. It was a super cute program, the teacher gave each kid a special award.  They all loved it  (but my pictures did not turn out well...so none on here).

Well...I WILL say that I am very much looking forward to the official summer starting. Not so many schedules and routines...more free for all fun! (Although...summer IS always exhaustingly busy.)  I guess Jason and I need to work on our 'bucket list' for the summer. Phew....blog posts done, for now. Hopefully I can be a little more regular about posting soon!

By the way...baby's heartbeat on Tuesday was 155bpm. I just love to hear that quick little heartbeat! :)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I have seen his handwriting. It is very nice! Better than Aunt Tessa's actually. Love the picture :)

    ReplyDelete