family

family

Thursday, June 2, 2011

whobody went on a field trip?

Keaton's kindergarten class went on a field trip to a nature center in Elgin.  Luckily, I was able to be a chaperon (along with like 10 other moms, thank goodness).  We had a blast, but, boy, was it tiring! The day started out with each "mom" getting assigned 2 or 3 kids. I, of course, got Keaton and 2 other sweet boys (in the background here).  When we got to the nature center, our class got to start out by going fishing! They gave us poles for each kid, 2 worms, and a scissors (that did not cut, by the way)...oh and a hand towel.   I guess the hand towel was to wipe the worm guts off of our hands (at least that is what I used it for).
 I spent about 45 minutes putting worms on hooks and taking fish off of hooks.  The boys were catching fish left and right! They really had a great time. Here is a picture of Keaton with his fish! He was very proud...
 Next we got to go to the "petting zoo" which had goats, sheep, and pot bellied pigs. Keaton's favorite was the sheep.  I had to take a picture, because a year ago he would have been too afraid to go into the pen! He has come a long ways! (By the way, now he wants to get a sheep for a house pet because it was so soft he wanted to sleep with it!)
 We then looked at the chickens and turkeys...and more.
...And then we went on a HIKE....and when I say hike, I mean hike. It was fun, but even the kids were exhausted when we were done! It was really a great day. I love to see Keaton in his 'school mode' and I also love being able to put faces and personalities to names that he comes home talking about.  He really has a great kindergarten class...and teacher!
We both had a GREAT field trip!

1 comment:

  1. Come on mom, give him a pet sheep! Too cute :) Can't believe how big he is.

    ReplyDelete