family

family

Sunday, January 6, 2013

whobody went to animal kingdom? {dw six}

hello....I am finally back on here. I have been having a few technical issues with adding pictures on Internet Explorer...so here I am in a new browser (?!) just trying to catch up!

Okay...so day 3 in Disney World....ANIMAL KINGDOM (or lovingly referred to by Lola and Keaton as "the big zoo"

Warning: lots of pictures again...(and more from this day on the next post!)

I just can't help myself. I want to share all of the 
"good"
ones....with you all AND with myself...since I plan on making this blog our family 'yearbook' (someday)

We had lots of fun at Animal Kingdom. 
Lola was back to her normal self (phew)... it was a bit chilly that day...but still great!  
Here is a picture of my mom and the older 2 walking...

The best part of Animal Kingdom for me (and the 2nd best part for the kids) is the Safari.  We ride in a big jeep through an animal exhibit where the animals are in their natural habitat. According to my mom, we barely saw any animals... 
BUT we all still enjoyed it anyway!

Me and my 'twins' (born 7 years apart)
This is a baby carrier I borrowed (thanks Shannon!) and it was AWESOME. Not only did it make my 30 lb baby easy to carry....it ALSO gave me a chance to snuggle Cruz and have him fall asleep on me.  As I have mentioned before, he isn't a snuggler...so even when it is bedtime....I sometimes sit in the rocking chair in his room and try to get him to just cuddle into me and rock....nope. Doesn't happen... 
BUT in this carrier, he would just lay his head down on my chest and sleep. (Sigh).  
LOVED THAT.
(I really think that was one of my favorite parts of our trip)
I have considered borrowing it again...just to get him to snuggle with me.

p.s. if you ever go to Disney World with a little person in a stroller (who isn't a walker) a carrier like this is a MUST because, although the parks are very stroller friendly....you can't take them into very many places.  
If we had not taken the carrier, we would have had to hold Cruz every time we walked through a line or into a restaurant or exhibit
 (and weighing in at thirty pounds that would have been nearly impossible).  
The carrier SAVED us. And it really wasn't even something I had even thought I would need before the trip...I just brought it for 'just in case'.... Phew! 

Keaton LOVED the safari.  He really likes animals and plans to be a zookeeper someday. He wanted to take notes, but I wouldn't let him  He hated to turn away from the animals for even a second for me to snap pictures. He didn't want to miss anything.

 Nash had fun sitting on Daddy's lap....




COOL! This picture worked out great! Lola LOVES this one.

 Me and my boys....(Lola was sitting with my parents in the row in front of us).




...and, the whole family!



At Animal Kingdom there is so much to see 'along the way' and the kids LOVED taking their time.






Nice smile.


Okay...

So... I have a lot more pictures from Animal Kingdom....but I think that I will put that on the next Disney post....Time to wrap it UP for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment