family

family

Sunday, January 13, 2013

whobody has so many pictures? {dw eight}

Okay... day 4. We decided to go back to Magic Kingdom. We headed out a little early so that we could be there for the park opening. They do a little 'show' with a bunch of characters riding in on the train and opening the park! 


This is the kind of magic that I love about Disney World.  
Look at Nash's face.  
I took a picture just as the train was pulling in.

Here you can see the characters after they got off of the train and as they are singing their song.  The kids were very excited to have such a great view. (it was very crowded...)
 Because we were at the front, we were not in good position to get through the actual gates to get into the park....SO, we made plans to meet Jason (with Cruz) and my parents further into the park.  

So...I gave Nash a piggy back ride and Keaton and Lola each grabbed onto my sweater...
and held on for dear life.  
It actually went very well...and we made it through the crowd with no problem.

Here is Lola at our meeting place.



Here is Lola waiting in line at one of our favorite rides.  
Goofy's Barnstormer.  
This is a roller coaster that is geared towards kids...BUT is actually surprisingly rough.  
The kids still loved it. Especially Lola.  Keaton said he liked it, but was actually a little worried on it....but couldn't let Lola and Nash show him up.



Keaton is holding on for DEAR LIFE here....yelling "hold onto me!"
my response...."I will after I am done taking the picture!"


In the same area....Nash's favorite...the Dumbo Ride!  
We went on Dumbo lots of times...it was great! 
And instead of waiting in "line" you wait in a   
 play area 
 ...and they give you a pager like you get at a restaurant. 
Genius.




I decided to try to smile like Nash in this picture. 
(Jason was just looking at this and asked if I did that on purpose or not.....)
No, honey....that is just how I smile for pictures too.   I also prefer all of my pictures to be self portraits with my arm stretched out in front of me and the kid I am taking a picture with.....those are always extremely flattering.






They were all up there dancing...which was when I decided 
to try to get a family picture in front of there....

 This was the best we could do....

Then we headed over to the race cars
(These were not the only rides of the day....just the only ones I had pictures of.)  
These go karts were perfect for us. 
Each car kept itself in its own lane....you couldn't really mess up as a driver.  
The kids LOVED it.

 This first time, Lola and I rode together....and Jason, Nash, and Keaton rode together.

 Nash originally wanted to steer...but after a little while, 
he just hung out and was along for the ride.



And, of course, Cruz stayed with Grandpa and Grandma. (and he liked that too)


This was the kids' favorite place to eat. Cosmic Ray's.  
The food was alright....normal counter service stuff...
BUT there was this awesome alien robot on stage singing and performing 
(the same thing over and over and over and over and over...) 
The kids got to sit at their own table...and watch the show. 
They loved it! (We ate here the next day too...just because it was easy.)

 Here we are on the Magic Carpet ride 
(same idea as the Dumbo ride....but based on Aladdin.)
Nice smile, Nash.



We soon hit our wall...and had to head home for the afternoon.  You know we are tired if KEATON was riding in the stroller.  And....look at poor Cruzie Woozie Woo.


We put the little boys to bed....and the 2 big kids went swimming.

 Then...when Nash woke up...he joined us at the pool. 

He never really got in
because he kept on saying 
"ITSH TOO DEEP!"


After our swimming afternoon, we headed to the Polynesian resort to eat supper.
(The Polynesian is also on the monorail.)


After supper, we ended our night at Epcot.  
 There are lit up fountains and
 pavement with lights that the kids really enjoy at night.  

Here are a few pictures of the kids at the play area by the Imagination ride.  
The kids love this area...here they are directing an orchestra!



 But then, 
the unthinkable happened.
 I was pushing Cruz around in the stroller...and he was content as can be (as he was the whole night). This was one of the few places that you could actually take your stroller into....suddenly, I smelled vomit. (sorry for those queasy folks)  
I looked around at all of the 3 older kids....and everyone was fine. 
Hmmmm.....I just thought I was imagining it. 

Then, Jason walked over and said "He threw up!" 
I looked at Nash again....and thought...."no he didn't...." 
And then, I realized he was talking about Cruz.  

Our little, tolerant, happy camper, 
who hadn't fussed one bit the whole night
...threw up.

(This pic was just minutes before that....I took a picture 
because he was SO CUTE....and being so sweet all  night!)

The good news was....because it was chilly, he was actually very snuggled in with that orange dinosaur blanket......the stroller was saved (since it is borrowed, that was a very good thing).  His clothes, and the blanket, however, were not.  
We instantly headed to the bathroom....and with Mom's help, changed Cruz into his extra outfit....and then covered him up with my coat, and headed back to our room. 
 He DID NOT feel good for a couple of hours...
but once he fell asleep, he slept all. night. long.

Things I was thankful for this night:
the extra clothes for Cruz in the backpack
the blanket he was covered up with
the plastic sack in the backpack
AND the washer and dryer in our hotel room 

I felt so bad for Cruz...he didn't know WHAT was going on! 
We had a great day...but the night ended terribly. It is no fun being sick. But, the worst is when a baby is sick...and they don't get it.  He just didn't know what was happening to him. 

All in all it was a great day at Disney World (actually one of our best). 
Except for the last couple of hours.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment