family

family

Friday, April 1, 2011

whobody is an april fool?

Yes. That is me wearing my birthday crown that Keaton made for me.  Yes. I have been wearing it all day.  Yes.  Keaton and Lola fully expect me to wear it when we go out for supper tonight.  Yes.  They firmly believe that if I wear the crown, the waitress will give us 5 birthday cupcakes for our family.  Yes. I will let you know how that turns out.

So, today is my birthday.  Which really isn't an exciting event for me, but for the kids...Wowzers. They think it is great...so I have pretty much spent the morning opening 'presents'.  First of all, Keaton made me a whole STACK of pictures...Lola made a few...and I scanned some of each.  He wrapped up each drawing into a roll and then taped each one with 3 pieces of tape. So, I sat there and opened each one with a scissors, very, very carefully.  To top that off, Keaton insisted that with each drawing that I opened we needed of picture of me alone with the drawing, and then a picture of me and Keaton with the drawing, and THEN a picture of me and Lola with the drawing.  That only took like 45 minutes. :) 

 Lola has been wrapping up lots of presents for me today. What she does is she takes some of her toys, wraps them in her blankie, and then sings Happy Birthday and gives them to me. So far I have received baby Minnie, baby Pluto, Texy, and lots of pet shops and other little trinkets. The kids also decorated...
Yes. That is a balloon taped to a strip of paper (as a string) taped to the wall. CUTE! What are we doing on a day as special as this (that also happens to be a day off of school)?  Well, switching the kids rooms around of course.  Keaton decided that he should move back into his old room so that he can guard the garden again this summer. SOOO...we started moving things. THEN Lola complained that she never gets to move rooms...so, she is now moving into the room the Keaton just moved out of....and the very very very very very very very very very very very very pink room in the house is going to be the toy room. :) So...yes, me and the kids are switching beds, furniture, toys, and clothes around 3 rooms today. I feel like I am doing a Rubik's cube shifting things from one room to the other. Here are the drawings they did for me...
"birthday girl is near she is 32 this year" Keaton (not sure where he came up with the rhyme) 

 "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0" Lola's picture of a rocket (done very very very quickly....)
 "rainbow" by Keaton
"firetruck" by Keaton

Now every time they draw anything or I take their picture they say "Are you going to put this on your blog...you should mom, you should put this on your blog."  I should tell you that they have NO IDEA what a blog even is. They are hilarious and have been extremely sweet for my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Lesa! You are right though our birthdays are def. more exciting to the kids than to ourselves!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete