family

family

Saturday, June 2, 2012

whobody has big shoes to fill?

Well...the end of the school year has come and gone...and things are C.R.A.Z.Y. around here!  We have had field trips, concerts, preschool graduation, tball games AND little league pitching machine games.  Let me just tell you...THIS is also Jason's busy time of year...so although he IS taking time off for the important stuff (like tball... :)  it is pretty much just me and the kiddos around here!

This is a picture of what happened pretty much every morning before school during Keaton's last week... (yes, those are Jason's shoes...and yes, Nash did successfully pedal in them...)
 For some reason, (probably because early in May, Lola got to ride the bus with Keaton to go to Kindergarten practice...) Nash truly...TRULY thought he was going to be able to get on the bus with Keaton. So...he would go outside when Keaton would...ride bikes with him...and then the bus would pull in and Nash would yell "BYE MOM!!!" and then look at me for the 'okay' to get on the bus. I would just say "nice try..." and try to be all jokey jokey about it...and then distract him as the bus pulled away.  I think he knew it really wasn't going to happen...but he wanted to try it JUST IN CASE it worked out in his favor.....
 His 'outfit' for school usually consisted of jammies..a back pack....shoes (usually either not his...or on the wrong feet...and sometimes both)...and on special days (when Nash helped me do Lola's hair) he would have pretties in his hair too!


Like I said, we have been pretty busy with all of the usual Spring stuff. I will hopefully blog about the concert, graduation, field trip and ballgames...but for now...just a quick catch up. (and, of course, some funny pictures of Nash) 

With school coming to an end, I wanted to enjoy my last few mornings with just the little boys and I before Keaton and Lola were home for the summer....so, the rules got a little bit looser around here.

Nash got to choose his spoon for his cereal in the morning....
 It took him a LONG time to eat that day...


And now he is allowed to ride bikes in the house.....(Okay...this one was NOT okay with me...) I don't know why, but he does this ALL of the time....he just come gliding in and says "Hey, Mommy!" as if it is totally normal and acceptable to ride his bike INTO the house.  I swear I don't even laugh at him or encourage him.... (except by snapping a quick picture)


Nash likes to push 'baby cooz' in the stroller with his "tahoe"...
(okay, I didn't really let this fly either)

And he always wants to hold 'baby cooz'....so I took a picture! Later...I noticed that he was actually trying to cut 'baby cooz's' leg off with a plastic saw! "Nashy workin' Mom..."


And, finally, the ol'-bike-down-the-slide trick... still doesn't work.....
Like I said...things have been pretty busy.  Jason and I are coaching BOTH Keaton and Lola's little league teams...so we have that 4 times a week (yikes!).  School actually just got out on Tuesday...so hopefully we will get things a little more under control around here.  I am SO glad to have my kids home for the summer...school is SO LONG!!! I will catch up with the other stuff I want to blog about soon...but for now, I am going to snuggle Baby Cooz!

No comments:

Post a Comment