family

family

Sunday, March 3, 2013

whobody froze their toes?

I have a confession.

i.
love.
snow.

I really do. I know that there are others like me, but most people think I am c.r.a.z.y.

I do love the snow.  I love how fresh it makes everything look outside...and how cozy it makes being inside feel.  (You may notice that most of these pictures were taken from my doorways.)  I don't love snow because I like to play in it... :) but, my kids do.

So...I just added all of my pictures from the last month....and put all of the snow ones into one post.  We  are having a 'lazy' day of cartoons and napping around our house.  The youngest 3 are down with the stomach flu. :(  Today is one of those days of motherhood when I feel very much 
"in the trenches'. 

Today we have 
given lots of baths 
enjoyed lots of snuggles
washed many loads of laundry
ran the dishwasher at least 3 times (and it is only 2:00 p.m.)
had the t.v. on all day (that never happens)
did a quick clean of the kitchen bathroom & entry area
and banished Keaton to his room and downstairs

and, now, everyone is napping....
and I am going to sit here for a few minutes and try to catch up.

So....as I said, the past month we have had a lot of snow...and my kids love to play in the snow.  The nice thing about this year compared to previous years is that they are now comfortable being out there by themselves!  (and, only Nash needs help getting dressed in his snowpants...)  So, they have spent lots of time outside.

Most of the time that there is a late start for school, the kids will go out an hour before the bus comes, and play until they go to school. They also go out and play a lot on snow days and weekends! 

The first thing I should mention is that Keaton is a CHAMP at shoveling our driveway.  If it needs it, he will always offer to go out and do it. He loves it! 



As you can tell by the different coat...this is a different day, and still, shoveling.




and as you can tell by the 2 feet of snow...this is ALSO a different day! 
(Fluffy also loves it when the kids play in the snow!)


Nash tries to help too...(sometimes...) 
he is more interested in just using whichever tool Keaton wants to use....


On this day, Lola picked up some snow that she had stepped in, and was amazed by her boot print. 
She wanted to save it forever.


On late start days, Jason started a 'thing' of giving the kids apple slices on late start days to snack on while they are waiting for the bus or on the bus. 
(Lola actually found a week old baggie of apples...from this day pictured below....in her coat pocket on Thursday.)



Getting a few snuggles in with Fluff-ball before the bus comes.

Then after the bus leaves, Nash usually plays outside for a bit by himself!  
Here he wanted me to take a picture of him making a snow angel!


The kids also love to ride their bikes on the snow.....

I think it is mostly because when they fall, it doesn't hurt so much. 
Lola had just wiped out here...

Then, Nash (on purpose) tipped over too.

smart kids.


Notice Nash climbing on the TOP of the tunnel.





And, of course, most of the time, the snow play is ended with hot chocolate.  
Here...you can see Nash's chocolate mustache.



Looking at these pictures almost makes ME want to go play in the snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment