family

family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

whobody enjoyed Christmas Eve?

Christmas Eve....one of my FAVORITE days of the year. We had a nice relaxing day at home...recovering from Christmaskidapalooza the night before, preparing for family Christmas at our house the next night, having visitors...and cleaning our rooms before Santa came!  On Christmas Eve we always attend Jason's church here in Garnavillo, and then spend the evening at his parents' house with his family.  This year was no different.  Before we left for church, I tried to get a nice picture of all 4 kiddos in front of the tree in their Christmas outfits.....Nash did NOT cooperate. He was mad that he was not the one standing up holding Cruz. :) Oh well, here is what I ended up with....





Church went well...except for one thing.  :) When it was time for communion I went up front for a blessing with the rest of the family.  I was holding Cruz....and the 3 kids were in front of me and Jason was behind me. The kids each stood nicely for their blessing, and then it was my turn.  Father Koopman looks at me and says "ooohh....what is your baby's name?" ......and I. went. blank.  I could not come up with it.  I hesitated...and then stuttered Na...Cruz.  Then, without a blessing I walked back to my seat as quickly as I could.  I totally blanked on Cruz's name!!!!!!!!! (This is blamed on lack of sleep, distraction of children, and nervousness of going up in front of church....)  I was mortified to say the least..... My mommy guilt has lifted, and now all I can do is laugh (and put name tags on my kids in the future, I guess)

After church we headed to grandma and grandpa tractor's house.  We had a wonderful supper with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Thom, Uncle Rod & Aunt Nancy...and Mason Cagney and Devin. The kids had a wonderful time....check out the pictures below

Nash loves his grandma...they are buds!

opening presents!

 Cagney made Lola this special butterfly...her favorite gift of the night!

Grandma getting her 'snuggles' in.

the kids (and uncle thom) all had lots of fun playing with Devin's new doctor kit....(keaton is a hurt patient in the background....)
We really had a wonderful Christmas Eve...and then we came home and got the cookies and Coke ready for Santa (thank you, Coke commercial) and the celery and carrots ready for the reindeer....then it was off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment