family

family

Friday, May 6, 2011

whobody wants to chaperone?


So, Keaton came home from school yesterday....a little shook up (and a little excited).  He heard about the senior trip that Clayton Ridge students get to take to Florida....our conversation went like this:

"Mom, I guess when I am in the oldest grade in high school...I'll get to go on a trip to Florida."
"Yeah, when you are a senior they take a field trip to Florida!"
"...and they even go to Disney World Mom!....."
"I know, won't that be fun?"
"Ummm, but do they go all alone? just all the kids?"
"Kind of. You don't go with your families....it is a trip with all of the friends in your class."
"so they go all alone with no adults?"
"not really, some teachers and parents will go along too...but just a few."
"Will you come with us to Florida when I am in high school?"
"okay, I will."
"Good, cause otherwise I don't want to go!"

Then he was relieved and willing to face the rest of the day.  The thought of taking a trip without me 11 years from now terrified him! Oh, how things will change.... He is SUCH a sweet boy, and he is growing up WAY too fast.
(and yes, I will remind him of this  conversation 11 years from now....)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment