family

family

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

whobody built a fort?

A couple of weeks ago, my good friend Lynn came to visit with her kids Lilly and Fletcher.
They are about the same age as my kids...and they all play SO well together.
(I think I have mentioned this before.)

Lynn and I sat, drank coffee, and chatted in front of the fireplace while the kids built forts... (rough day for me ;)) after awhile they invited us in to check out their progress.

I was impressed....
below is the girls' fort....Lola and Lilly worked hard building it, and then set up a hanging flashlight and played My Little Ponies and Littlest Pet Shops inside.... 
They had SO much fun.




The boys' fort seemed to be a little more chaotic than the girls...
they just kept on building it...
tools and all...and never really played in it. 
But they still had a blast!


I truly HATE it 
(and I know that hate is a strong word), 
but I HATE it when the cushions are off of the couch and the pillows are all messed up. It drives me insane!!! 

So, it pains me to leave these forts up for too long...but, I actually let them leave these up for a few days..... (I was proud of myself).

I remember how much fun I used to have building forts...in the house and the hay barn! This is one of those battles...
the battle of the couch cushions in place....
that I just have to force myself to wave the white flag. 

 They have too much fun for me to try to enforce that rule....

Bottom line: I love it when my kids play SO nice with others and when they play without direction....just with their imaginations!!!
(even if it does make a huge mess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment