family

family

Sunday, March 4, 2012

whobody LOVES to write?

Lately Lola has been spending lots of time "writing"... most days during quiet time she gets out the paper and markers and creates lists and books.... These aren't the best ones that she she has...but they are the ones that I was able to find quickly when I decided to catch up a little on the blog.

The first included item is a book that she wrote:
this is the title page.... (under each page, I will interpret her words for you)

originally titled "The First Summer" then crossed out and renamed "The Rainy Day" by Lola


 
One day it rained and it rained and it rained



 
What is happening said the boy to his Mom?


 
his mom said it is raining


 
(and this is the rainbow that came after the rain storm)  The end.



The next piece of writing I want to share is a note that Lola handed me when she was in trouble one time....
hard to read but it says "from lola to mom I am sorry for what I did"  She handed this to me and explained that I should tape this to the inside of the cupboard so anytime she does anything naughty I can look at that and it is her telling me she is sorry. :)




The last piece of writing is a list that Lola sat down and made yesterday during quiet time... I will try to interpret....   She titled it at the bottom "the plan for this summer" (start at the bottom row...summer the next row up)
from top to bottom:
go roller skating
go fishing
go bowling
go to our friends house
go fishing on the river
go to prairie on the boat
go out to eat a lot of times

Well....I guess now we know what we are doing this summer....we have a plan.

I  just love it that she just sits down and writes this stuff without ever asking for help on ideas or spelling!  Up until the last week, she didn't use spaces between words (which made deciphering them very hard...) but I just told her one time that she should put a space between words and she picked that up right away! As I always say it is amazing to see the differences in personalities and abilities of different kids.  Lola is in preschool and is already BULLDOZING into writing stories....Keaton is great at writing too...but he is more of a tip toe-er....very carefully trying to get everything JUST right...asking for the correct spelling and so on... Lola sits down and just goes for it...  When she gets to the end of the book...and realizes that the story has NOTHING to do with the title...she just crosses out the title and makes up a new one.  Keaton, on the other hand, would have to first cry a little, and then carefully either use white out....or cut out a perfectly sized piece of paper to cover up the original title with....and the rewrite the title so it never even looked like he messed up!   SO funny how kids are so different.  Looking at these....I really need to start scanning more of their creations and school work! So much fun!

I know I haven't blogged for awhile...as expected with 4 kiddos...things have been busy...and I just haven't made time. Cruz also had a cold that he had a hard time shaking...but seems to be getting better again. Poor kid....I think he has only had 2 healthy weeks since Christmas! Things are great for us though... Hopefully I will carve more time out for writing on here...I just LOVE looking back at these and seeing the "snapshots" (verbal and picture) of our lives.  Gotta keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment