family

family

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

whobody wants a tour of Keaton's room?

In our house, every day after lunch we have "quiet time".

 This is a treasured time (mostly for me).  It begins with ONE cartoon *the only cartoon they get to watch each day....unless grandma is here, then I guess they get to watch like 10. :)  After the cartoon, Nash goes down for a nap, and Keaton and Lola play in their room quietly for at least 1 hour. Now that school has started, Keaton misses out on this quiet time....and he really MISSES it. He loves to play in his room. 

On Saturday he got his room all cleaned up (with grandma's help...between the 10 cartoons that they watched).  When his room is clean, he plays even better! He loves a clean slate for his "set ups".  When I walked in after quiet time on Sunday, I had to smile to myself....and then, of course, go and grab my camera.

First...he had almost every stuffed animal in his room on his bed. He loves to PLAY with his stuffed animals...they are usually shoved in weird places in his closet, or riding in upside down stools or boxes like boats. He doesn't usually tell me much about what they are doing, but usually during quiet time I can hear them "talking" through his monitor. Too cute.
 He later told me that this day, Blue Bear (sitting on top of the pillow pet) was Santa Claus, and the lion was his elf...and all of the animals crowded around listening to him lived at the north pole.  They were trying to figure out a way to help "Baby Bear's" family...who were being attacked by Simba the Lion (who was left in position attacking "Baby Bear" himself).  Notice the pile of injured animals near the foot of the bed, Santa was NOT happy with Simba. (Or so I was told.) I can't help but think of the movie Toy Story when I go into Keaton's room.
 He had also spent a little time playing with his trucks....
 I'm not sure where those vehicles were headed, but the Lego creation in back is a barge.....
 Of course, the horses are lined up perfectly in the stable....
 ....and I'm really not sure what is going on here....
I just had to capture this for myself...because I am fully aware that soon my "little boy" will feel like he is too big to play with his toys like this.   

I love how he plays...and he loves to play by himself. He plays with toys the way that they are meant to be played with. 

I will probably not be posting a picture of how Lola plays with toys...mostly because she really doesn't! She just dumps toys out...rustles through them, and then comes out complaining of boredom. :) We will have to work on that.  She does LOVE to do puzzles though...so those have been keeping her entertained today during quiet time....

I hope you enjoyed my little sneak peak into the world of Keaton's room!

1 comment: