family

family

Thursday, September 1, 2011

whobody is growing up way too fast?

Well. It is official. As of today I have TWO kids in school....now I am left wondering what Nash and I are going to do with all of our free time? ;)

Today was Lola's first day of BIG preschool. This is also known as 4 year old preschool.  She has attended 'preschool' at the town daycare the last 2 school years...and has loved every minute of it.  This year, there are some big changes...which she is excited about, but I think a little nervous about at the same time.
(she is truly very excited for her first day of school...and she thought that the pink flowers would look good with her outfit in this picture)

changes for Lola:

She will be going from a school where she calls her teacher "Lisa" to the school where "Mrs. or Ms." for the teachers and helpers is always used.  (She already, of course, misses Lisa.)

She will be going 5 mornings a week instead of 3. I think that this will be a lot for her, but I think it will be great for her. I am SO thankful that our district is not one that does full day 4 year old preschool....that would be WAY TOO MUCH. I think full day kindergarten is way too much, but that is for a different day. :)

Things will be a lot more structured and strict in this 4 year old classroom. I think that Lola will do JUST fine with that....I just hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble....

The biggest...and hardest change for Lola will be that she has to be in school without her VBFF (very bestest friend forever) Colton.  She LOVES Colton and just can't believe that they won't be in school together this year. Coincidentally, Colton is Keaton's bestie Lily's brother.*(did you follow that?)  Nikole....if you are reading this....we will be needing to get some playdates set up for these poor poor children missing their favorite people.

(keaton wanted to get 'in' on the pre preschool pictures before he got on the bus (and before Lola's hair was done.))

 (then, of course....they had to do their morning bike ride while waiting for the bus)

 (Lola needed me to take a picture with her backpack in sight...she LOVES her backpack)


(and I let her have her nails painted purple! for school)

 (of course we have to do a silly picture....)

For some reason, it is a little easier for me to send Lola onto the next 'milestone' in school...I don't know if it is because we already went through it with Keaton....and survived?  Or it could just be because her personality is SO much different than his.  I know that if she gets her feelings hurt, she will let someone know....and as long as there are no buzzing bees, she really isn't scared of anything!  She is very outgoing, and I think that school will be easy for her. 

I will tell you one thing....I never worried about Keaton getting in trouble at school. Lola? Well...we will see how it goes. 

Personality differences or not....
every step we take with any child towards independence seems to be a tough one for me.
I have a hard time losing control and knowledge of what happens in her day.  At home, I can keep her in this little safe bubble...but in the real world a.k.a. preschool :) there is no telling what can happen. I'm sure it will be GREAT! Don't get me wrong... I am able to get a lot more done around the house....and it is a lot easier to run errands when I am short 2 children.  Emotionally, though,....a little tough on this momma.

(a quick pic outside of school) 

 (inside of school at Lola's locker....she is pretty proud that she has a locker!)

(finally....Lola is settled in her classroom)

As you can see, the last few smiles are a little more forced and nervous than the first few.  She was still happy to be there, she just didn't know what to expect! As I said, the environment is different at this school....and there are some new friends there as well.  I do know that when I left Keaton there on his first day, I was worried about tears and him not wanting me to leave. For weeks, he asked me to hang around for awhile until he was settled.  Lola is nothing like that...she just sat down at the table, grabbed the activity that she was supposed to work on....and told me "see you later!".  She did look at me like, "really? are these 'puzzles' for me or for Nash?" but she didn't say a thing.

I didn't actually have time to sit down and write this until after picking her up from school. (I spent the morning reading "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight" to a certain someone over and over and over again.)  She had a GREAT day at school....said she loved it, but mentioned that she is really going to miss Colton.  :)
I'm sure we will all be JUST fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment