family

family

Friday, November 1, 2013

whobody had a very happy halloween?

My kids had a GREAT Halloween this year.  
They had a lot of fun dressing up and had a great time trick-or-treating.  
Halloween is not my favorite 'holiday' of the year...but I know the kids love it...so I try my best to get 'into' it and make it fun for them! 

The first mini-celebration and costume opportunity was Nash's Preschool Halloween Parade.  This is where the kids dress up and then walk downtown to main street where the businesses come out and give these kids TONS of candy. (Seriously...we came home with a gallon ziploc bag FULL of good stuff!) 

His costume is a 
"knight in shinin' a-ma"
This kid is too much...



Here he is all ready to go with his BFF Tate.... (Tate was happy...just doesn't look like it here!)  However,  I should mention that Nash was very impressed with Tate's muscles...


This is an attempt at a partial group picture.  
I should mention that the weather was NOT ideal for this. 
It was freezing and spitting rain...but these preschoolers were troopers...
anything for candy!!!



The next day was actually Halloween...
so here are the older 2 all dressed up and ready for school. 

(I should have made them take their coats off for the picture, but we were running a big behind....I guess I am not used to doing Lola's 'make-up' before school.)  

Keaton's costume is a UNI Football player...and Lola's is a leopard.


The instant Nash saw the kids in their costumes, he just HAD to get his out. 
 So...of course, Cruz instantly put it on
...and was extremely entertaining!





Seriously. He is hilarious.


I finally pried Nash's costume off of Cruz, put Cruz's dragon costume on him... (coincidentally we had a knight and a dragon....totally not on purpose).  

Cruz's dragon costume has been through the ringer...and I think all 3 boys have worn it at least once....we actually had to have Jason's mom
sew the tail back onto it 
about a week ago! I do love it though.


Cruz could have looked at himself in the mirror, laughing, all day. 
He thought he was hilarious!

Since they were all dressed up with no place to go..
we decided to go to the grocery store. 
(I needed groceries anyway....and thought the kids would like to go in costume).  

Let me tell you...THAT was an excellent idea. 
 The kids got a lot of attention....the workers kept on handing them candy...
and one sweet lady who was actually just there shopping, bought them a package of 6 Halloween cupcakes for being so cute! 

It was so nice....and the kids had a ball! 
It was nice for Cruz to have that candy to eat, instead of him gnawing through the plastic on the grapes like he usually does...


After much needed naps, the older 2 got home from school. 
We had an early supper of "ghoulash"and breadsticks...
and headed up to Garnavillo to trick or treat at 5.  

Lucky for us, it was not fit to pick corn, so Daddy was able to join us for the whole night!  He was an excellent chauffeur and we were so happy to have him along (especially me!).

You may notice that Nash decided to skip his knight costume for the evening and wear a dinosaur costume that Keaton wore for at least 2 years.... I didn't fight the costume change a bit...the dinosaur costume is much warmer and doesn't require him to carry anything!


Sadly, Lola lost her tail...so if anyone sees a leopard's tail laying around...let me know! 

The kids had a blast trick or treating, and we were able to get to most of the houses that we wanted to!  
Here is a picture of the kids with some of their favorite babysitters!!!


Luckily, we were able to get enough candy to last us a couple of years.... 



Lola did a great job of picking out a bunch of Twix for me (and the baby....).  
They had an absolute blast! 
 Now, tonight we have a halloween party uptown put on by the boosters...
and then it is time for Christmas decorations (as far as I am concerned.)  
Hope you all had a 
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment