family

family

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Disney World (part 5)

So...we woke up on Friday (our last full day) to rain, rain, and rain. Bummer. We were thinking about going back to Animal Kingdom, but decided to go to Epcot because there some inside things to do there. Once again, my mom was sick, so it was just Grandpa, the kids and me! We bought some ponchos and headed to Epcot! LUCKILYwe only needed them walking from the motel to the bus (it was p.o.u.r.i.n.g!) By the time we got to Epcot, it was only misting, and by the time we came out of the first ride it was done! The follwing picture is of Keaton, Grandpa, and Lola in front of the big silver "golf ball" at Epcot. This was one of Keaton's favorite rides (I'm not quite sure why).
silly faces...

After we hit all we wanted to at Epcot we decided to go to Downtown Disney for lunch and a little shopping. The kids were able to bring their allowance/chore money with us to buy something at Disney World. We took a monorail to a hotel, and then from the hotel got on a bus to Downtown Disney. This is Lola and Keaton in front of the monorail! This was their favorite form of transportation.


Then on the busride things got a little silly! First they were fighting over this chair and it turned into Keaton offering for Lola to sit on his lap so they could both sit there. I choose my battles. :)

They both wanted me to take a picture of Lola pretending she was sleeping... hilarious.

Once at Downtown Disney, the kids "tricked" Grandpa and tried to walk him into a pole! (They only did this about 10 times a day...they really thought they were funny.)


We ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. I know that they are everywhere, but I had never been to one and I wanted a meal where we could sit down and have a waitress and order (as opposed to buffet or counter service meal). The kids loved the fish tanks and jungle theme and our food was excellent. The only problem was....


Lola is scared of thunder & lightning (big surprise) and they would flicker the lights and have thunder sounds about every 10-15 minutes. This was the only meal she actually ate with her earmuffs on. :) She didn't mind though!
After lunch we visited the Disney toy store. The kids were both estatic with what they found. Keaton bought Disney buses and and airplane and Lola found minature plastic Disney characters that resembled Littlest Pet Shops. After the store we visited the Lego store....just to play a little before we headed back to the hotel. (Below they are both acting like dinosaurs in front of the Lego dinosaur.)
...working hard on a lego creation.
...and a picture for Grandma Reimer in front of huge tinker toys!

We headed back to the motel for the afternoon. We changed into our swimsuits and opened the door to go to the pool and it was POURING again, and I mean POURING! So....being the 'fun' mom that I am ;) I went and checked to make sure the lifeguards were still at the pool...I hated to not swim on our last day! The lifeguards were still there and there were 2 kids swimming in the rain. We decided to brave the weather and swim. I think the kids enjoyed it more than swimming in the sun. It was CRAZY. The pool was nice and warm but the rain was cold...and there were times that it was raining so hard I almost lost my contacts...but the kids loved every minute of it.
That night we ate at the cafeteria in our hotel...and since Grandma was beginning to feel better she decided to join us for our last evening! We headed back into Magic Kingdom and were able to do all of our favoite rides and attractions one last time! We really had an awesome trip and I can't wait to take Nash and Jason there sometime. I have been to Disney World many times growing up, but this was, by far, the best trip ever! (My memory isn't very good, so I don't remember when it was actually magical for me.) Taking the kids to Disney World was so much fun....they were just amazed with the littlest things and thought it was so cool to see the characters. I am glad that Keaton and Lola were able to experience it at this age, but it will be fun to take them when they are a little older too...so much more to see and do! I realize that most of these postings have been pretty chaotic. This is my 'scrapbook' for the trip....and I really just typed without thinking (or editing).
This last picture is on the plane ride home! We flew out early Saturday morning...and had to get up at 3 A.M. Eastern. YIKES> the kids stayed up from then until 7 when our plane left! Luckily they both slept pretty much the whole flight....unfortunately, Lola thought that she deserved to use all 3 of our seats (in the picture below her legs were completely draped over my lap). It was such a good decision to have them bring their pillow pets as their carry on! It was a great week, but I think we were all ready to get home and see Daddy and Nash! I hope you have enjoyed hearing about our trip! What a wonderful way to keep memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment