family

family

Friday, August 30, 2013

whobody went to the fair?

Well...here I sit, browsing through my pictures from the summer...and I will tell you! 
There is SO much I haven't written about and shared.  I love having pictures of my kids. I love sharing them. And...I plan on SOMEDAY getting organized enough to get this transferred over to some sort of photo book to print my blog as a family scrapbook. (I have started this process...but adding new posts to this blog always seems to take priority over creating this family scrapbook....I would LOVE to find some sort of person or program that would do that FOR me. :))

So...we went to the fair.

The fair is one of my 
all.time.favorite.things.of.the.summer.  

It seems that other parents I know either LOVE the fair, or HATE it. 
Luckily...we love it, and so do our kids. 
(Yet another example of trying to keep the bar set low for entertainment :))  
The kids' favorite part of the fair is the animals! Here are LOTS of pictures of the kids walking through the barns...all 4 nights we went. They really enjoy animals!





Bombpa Sheryl & Cruz: twinsies....
they even have the same look on their face!







Cruz and a goat....having a moment.







These pictures are SO out of order :) This is from the last night of the fair. 
The kids got their faces painted! 

Keaton was a good sport...and Nash and Lola were in 7th heaven!

Sometimes this seems to cause more pain at the end of the night when it is time to wash it off, than the joy it brings during the fair!


The other thing the kiddos loved was...THE RIDES!!  
Cruz didn't' get to ride many, but had fun running around.

He did ride one ride with Dad while we were at the bull bash.  He was probably the youngest kid ever on that merry mixer.  
Dad is WAY more fun than mom.  










LOVES his binkie and blankies.

On Saturday of the fair, they had a Bull Bash... here is Lola in her cowgirl outfit.
(We need to get this girl a cowboy hat.)



Another favorite....ice cream!!! 


Cruz loved playing on the tractors/lawnmowers. (Usually we head here because it is cool and in the shade, but this year the fair weather was actually COOL anywhere!) Crazy. 
It was awesome for this pregnant chick who can't handle the heat.


The best part of the whole fair.

Story:  On the first night of the fair, my mom took the kids through the exhibition hall to sign up for door prizes.  At the sheriff's booth, the grand prize was a Razor scooter. Nash came out of the exhibition hall 
FULLY CONVINCED that the "schooter" was his 
because he signed up for it and he knew he was going to win.

Then, every time we walked through there throughout the weekend, he would ask if we were picking up his "schooter" yet?  I would explain that he probably wouldn't win it because his name would have to be drawn out of lots of names.  He just kept looking at me like I was crazy...because he was sure that scooter was HIS.

Fast forward to Sunday night. The last night of the fair...we walked through the exhibition hall one more time, joked to Jamie at the "schooter booth" that we were ready to pick up his scooter (she was usually at the booth when Nash would show us the scooter he was going to win).... and then we headed over to play on the lawn mowers and tractors one more time before heading home.  About 5 minutes later, Jamie came running out, and said that Nash's name got drawn for the scooter!!!   I gave her the look like....you totally rigged it.  She explained that SHE didn't even draw, it was someone else....I couldn't believe it.  Nash just had this look on his face like "I told you so....see Mom, you should have believed me." 

Seriously, that kid is SO lucky. If you ever want to win a door prize or raffle...sign him up. He seems to win everything!!! Seriously.   (But, if you sign him up and win something, we expect a 10% cut of your winnings.)

I have never seen a 3 year old SO PROUD. 
It was so much fun to have him win it!



He even got to get his picture taken with the County Sheriff! 
He was very excited...and a little nervous.

We had an excellent time at the fair. Love Love Love that place!

(but I always hate when it is over, 
because THAT, my friends, 
is the end of summer.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment