family

family

Saturday, August 31, 2013

whobody is full of sand?

We have only gotten the kids out on the river a few times this summer. 
It was SO busy, and the water was high for so long, that it just didn't happen. 
Now, in late August, it seems we are able to make it work. 
(Which, with the low water, is PERFECT for the kids.)




The kids have been pretty much sticking to the sand when we go to the sandbar, 
which makes it much more relaxing for me. 
(I guess they really don't think it is that much 
fun to run around in water 
that is only ankle deep.)

Below, Cruz is taking Keaton some sand for his project.

Keaton always has some sort of project that he gets into on the sandbar, and eventually the others join in to "help".  This usually goes okay. 
 Cruz is probably the LEAST helpful (as you might have guessed).

He usually gets into or onto whatever Keaton is working on, 
but Mr. Tolerant doesn't seem to mind and never gets mad at Cruz for wrecking things. 

Now...if Nash wrecks something it is a different story.

Okay, so THIS is what Cruz does 
every.single.time. we go to the sandbar.
I don't get it.
This is also what he does with food he doesn't like at home too.
Note: he doesn't like cherry tomatoes.







Lately, Cruz, still extremely lovable, has turned into a bit of a 
whiney pants.
Here is a picture of whining.
Looks serious, doesn't it.


Look at them all working together! 
Having 4 kids is really a lot of work, but boy, it is awesome to see them all playing together!





Isn't he cute?
I just don't get why he COVERS himself with sand!



Ahh, finally venturing into the deep, deep, water.


I simply love time with my family on the river.

I won't mention how frustrating the whole "telling them to pick up and get on the boat so we can go home" a million times and then having a stressful ride home is. (okay, I know, I mentioned it anyway.)  Someday either they or I will get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment