family

family

Thursday, August 29, 2013

whobody is back in school?

So the school year has started, and the kids have been in school for a week. I know that normally I write a really heartfelt description of how I feel about each kid...and how each kid feels about starting school...and how I feel about them starting school BUT I just don't have it in me. :)  So, I will just share some pictures!

First...the 3 kids at Back to School Night 
(Nash brought his backpack, even though he really didn't need to.)


Here is Lola in her classroom unloading her supplies...I guess I didn't get a great smile :) Trust me, she was happy happy to be there! She has the same teacher Keaton had in1st grade! (Although...truly either teacher would be EXCELLENT!)


Keaton is in 3rd grade this year *unbelievably*.  He has Mrs. Connelly and is pumped! She has a purple classroom AND she is a UNI fan!



Now...in Mrs. Connelly's room, she had it set up with a wild, wild west theme, so of course each kid had a to take a turn sitting on the saddle!






Here are the kids on the actual morning of the first day of school. They were both very excited and didn't seem nervous at all! (Which helps ME to not be nervous either!)









And..yes, we are SO blessed that the bus drives right INTO our yard and through our yard to pick up the kids. I guess that is one of the only benefits of living on an extremely busy road, and having a yard that you can drive right through! The kiddos love riding the bus. 


They both had great first days of school. Lola is happy to be back with her friends at school, and spending time on the monkey bars....and even happier that things are getting harder this week already.  Keaton has been enjoying kickball at recess and LOVES having an assignment book to write in and bring home. (He is a lot like me in that way....)  I dreaded the beginning of school in a lot of ways...mostly because I like my kids home with me and under my control (control freak!), but it has seemed to slow us down a little bit, and helped us snap back into more of a routine around here. Which seems to be pretty good for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment