family

family

Friday, August 1, 2014

whobody is nonstop busy?

We have had LOTS going on this summer…but I am first going to just put on my favorite pictures from  Easter to when school got out…just to get caught up! Enjoy...




Nash is still infatuated with Dirx, and is always as close as possible to him.  It makes my heart melt…except for when he is REALLY in Dirx's face. Then it drives me nutty!!! 


Keaton is ALWAYS an excellent worker…here he is doing his laundry. I may consider not sending him back to school…simply so he can keep helping me here at home. Hmmmmm.



This is a picture from a night at a friend's house…I laid Dirx down on the floor, and instantly the kids were all huddled around him.  I think we changed a diaper and each kid got to snap one snap. 




This was the first time Dirx fell asleep in the swing. :)  




Nash got himself dressed for church.  Don't worry, he wore crocs for shoes.  Classy. (I love this kid.)



Cruz. 



Nash made this telescope….





Oh, his cheeks.




Then, Nash's telescope turned into a blanket! Cozy.



We love Dirx dearly…however, I needed to share this picture…because, honestly, this is how he looked unless he we being fed or held for the first few months. :) LUCKILY, I love to snuggle babies.  
He is even cute when he cries.




Nash picked me some flowers.




A classic Greaser's picnic at the park down by the river.







Again, Cruz.  



Cruz's got to ride in the tractor with Daddy on Mother's Day!





My boys.







Kinley, Baby Duh, and Trinly.




Guitar man.



Nash's selfie. Love it.



Lola and her press on nails.



Lola and her monkey bar injuries.



This was on the morning of one of the last days of school…check out their socks.





Dirx thought the cartoon was boring.




Cruz holding a picture of Keaton when he was two. TWINSIES.  Of course, Cruz thinks we are totally kidding when we tell him that it is Keaton. 




Keaton did his hair for school. LOVE IT.  Funny how my kids keep getting older, but in my head, I don't age at all. :) Look how grown up he is!



Nash with is beloved preschool teacher, Lisa.  He LOVED preschool.




This boy discovered his tongue.



Cruz helped himself to breakfast.  Mr. Independent.



The note Lola wrote on the first page of her diary. This girl….



This was when I decided we needed a bigger pool for the summer. (For some reason, Nash likes to pretend to be sleeping when I take pictures…)



Lola at her track and field day!



A few selflies when we were eating lunch in the car between Keaton and Lola's track times.



Keaton on his track day.


Cruzie was the star of the show with Keaton's classmates. They were all over him…and he loved it. This kid LIVES to entertain others.




What kind of kid squirts himself?




Playing in a box.




Sweet baby Dirx.



Bedtime stories (with background music by Cruz and his elmo guitar)



Silly faces.



Nash and Cruz spend a whole night hauling these gatorades around.  Too funny.



Again, best friends.



This girl has helped me out a lot this summer.  Rachel, the kids love you!



Feeding the chickens.



Our baby kitties (when they were really little!)




There are so many pictures of me like this.  :)  Nash always wants to take pictures of me when Dirx is nursing. (Which sometimes feels like all day.)  
You may notice that most of our inside pictures are taken from the same vantage point…which is me sitting in this chair either rocking baby Dirx or nursing.  I am soaking up every bit of having a baby here.  He loves to be nursed, held and rocked…and is slowly getting into a routine.  He has recently began taking bottles which has given me a lot more freedom. 

Dirx is really a sweet baby…he loves to eat (obviously)…he loves his jumper and his jeep…he can roll from his back to his front (but is then stuck)…he sleeps through the night for a few nights in a row, and then is up all night the next few nights (swing shift, I guess)….he is getting happier in his carseat…and he loves to be rocked and be carried.  I am so excited to see his personality develop more and see how he is going to fit in with the other 4 crazies!

I love our life…and so far, having 5 kids feels pretty crazy (to be honest).  For right now, I am just treading water…taking everything day by day.  We are staying so busy, and I hate being so behind on everything…including this blog. BUT I know that there will be time to catch up…so, for now… I will just throw out these huge posts with pictures to keep it going!  I have actually been meaning to do THIS post for weeks, but I don't ever feel like I am caught up enough to make time for it… SO, today, I am doing it now…and I will clean up from lunch when I am done. (2:30 isn't so bad…right?)

Soon to come…baseball, river, swimming and mini vacation pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment