family

family

Thursday, May 1, 2014

whobody has been keeping me very busy?

[month one]

Well…I am finally posting again. 
After a long break, I am going to try to catch up.

Newborns are great…but boy, they are a lot of work! 
Dirx has been kind of what you might call a 
"needy baby"
…and hasn't been the most cooperative when it comes to letting me get things done.  
Therefore, since the blog is pretty low on the "keep things functioning around here" list…it hasn't gotten done.

BUT…things have improved, Dirx is much more content, and life is settling back to normal around here. (At least until Jason gets in the field again.)

Beginning around one month old, Dirx began to get pretty fussy.  I have had fussy babies before…but I have never also had FOUR other kiddos to care for. It was tough there for a couple of months. The poor baby was so uncomfortable most of the time, never really content unless he was eating or begin held…so much of my day was spent nursing or walking around holding him. I didn't mind the snuggles at all…but I just felt so bad for the little guy.


I cut dairy out of my diet and began using my essential oils on him for reflux and digestion problems. 
It has taken a couple of weeks, but it seems like he is a TOTALLY different baby now. Thank God! 
We have been seeing lots of smiles and having a lot more content time during the day! Phew. We all really love him so, so much! Here are some random pictures from 0 to 1 month old…  So much has happened in the last 3 months…but I do not have time to catch up event by event…so this update will have to do! I can't believe how LITTLE he looks in these pictures!




I love how big his pacifier looks!




Had to take a picture of his fuzzy hair!



Basketball games are exhausting.

 Dirx with his biggest brother Keaton.

Sleeping sleeping sleeping….most of my pictures of are him sleeping…:) because that was truly the only time he was content. Poor kiddo. He has gotten lots of loving!!





Cruz is gonna kill me for this picture someday.



I should share that Nash is totally in love with "dirxie wirxie".  He constantly dotes on him.


so…so…so…serious until a couple of weeks ago



I don't know why, but I LOVE this picture.


Cruz always wants to hold Dirx, but then, is very quickly done holding him…and tries to roll him off. 
I should mention that Cruz is NOT lacking in personality right now.

We had Dirx's baptism when he was about a month old… Looking at him here makes my heart melt. 
How did he already get so big???




Dirx's baptismal sponsors were Nate and Missy Trappe…luckily they were up front with us to help keep Cruz under control.  If this picture were a video…you would hear Cruz yelling "hi grandma!"…he loves an audience.  If you look very closely, you can see Nash peeking over Lola's right shoulder. He was a little nervous up there. He makes my heart smile.


We amazingly took a decent family picture that day!


The traditional "nap with daddy" picture.


Umm…Lola had a helicopter problem…I had to take a picture before letting Jason help her out.


Nash has been such a sweet boy…here he is with his car rainbow!

And here he is, sharing his toys with Dirx.

Big sister Lola…loves to snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment