family

family

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

whobody is going to have a little more laundry?



Or...should I say more LITTLE laundry.

Yes. There are seven pairs of socks there....and this is the 
big announcement!

We are expecting baby #5!

(Doesn't everyone hang their socks from a twine string hanging from a tree?)



We are very excited (and a little nervous) about having another baby!
It never gets old. 
I find myself so excited to meet our next child!


Here is the shirt I got Jason for Father's Day...


Our baby is due at the beginning of February.

To answer all of the normal questions that we are getting....

Yes. We understand how "this works"
Yes. We would love a girl (but, we would love a boy too!)
Yes.  Lola would really like a sister.
Yes. We are crazy.
Yes. I think Jason is excited to have a designated driver for another year.
Yes. I realize I am pregnant every other summer.
Maybe. I don't know if this is the last one or not....probably though.
No. We will probably not find out what we are having.



A part of me thinks we will have a girl.just to even things out.
BUT a big part of me thinks we will have a boy.  

Two reasons....First of all...when Fluffy had her kittens....4 boys, 1 girl. 
(Doesn't everyone base their family on their cat's family?) 
 Second of all...WAY BACK WHEN we were coming up with a name for our first baby....Jason kept on coming up with crazy names...his favorite being 
"Fogerty Jon" (yes, after the CCR singer)
He wasn't totally serious...but kind of. 
So. We made a deal that HE could name our 4th boy. 
(Of course, when we made that deal, I NEVER thought we would be having a 4th boy.) 
Well, here we are! YIKES.

So...I have been very neglectful of this blog...mostly because I am NOT functioning at 100%.
I haven't been feeling the greatest...sometimes I feel terrible...
and unable to function....BUT this is all a part of the "gig" and in reality...a very small part in the grand scheme of things. 

(Oh, and totally worth it...
but BOY am I jealous of those people who do not have "morning?" sickness.)

I also am well aware that I am very blessed to be pregnant at all...and I am so thankful for this baby!
My mantra has been "and this, too, shall pass..." 
(I also use this mantra when my kids are having a rough streak...)

I am looking forward to feeling a little better soon so I can get back to being 
happily productive 
(because, for some reason, happiness and productivity go hand in hand for me).
But, for now...I will keep trying to get as much sleep a possible at night...
and try to take it a little bit easy during the day 
(Ha! It is a challenge to "take it easy" while being the primary caretaker of 4 kids.)

June is over...so things will slow down around here a bit. 
Little League and swimming lessons and Bible school are over...
so, hopefully, the more relaxed part of the summer is here.  
Bring on the river, the pool, family fun nights, and spending lots of time outside!

Here is the picture Lola made for the baby yesterday...
it isn't finished, but I thought it was adorable. 
She tells me that she is going to bring it to the hospital...
and that we have to pick a short name so it fits on the blank line that she made for the baby's name
I don't think "Fogerty" will fit on that line...



No comments:

Post a Comment